Tinker Phase

So, when did you grew out of your window manager phase and started actually being productive Any Forums?

Attached: dolphin_head.jpg (900x900, 229.21K)

I never had a tiling window manager phase. I work in IT so never fall for memes, except the trackball which Any Forums is unironically right about.

Shill me on trackballs

One year ago with Fedora but I'm not productive, just not wasting my time distrohopping and configuring window managers

Never had one.
I did have an Arch phase, but then went back to Mint where everything just werks.

I love this man, he's my role model

When I got my first job and saw an actual older senior dude not care about any of that shit and just dab on everyone using Ubuntu and emacs.

Same here. But they are actually very inefficient. Watch them try navigating code and it takes 30 seconds to do something that would take 1 second with clangd

What does he uses?

i never trust people wearing this kind of shirt

I'm on Mac using Amethyst, a WM inspired by Xmonad.
But now, I'm slowly falling for the meme and thinking about getting a ThinkPad and installing Debian + i3 + Neovim + Kitty for productivity.

Another thread of
>REEEEEE I CAN'T CONFIG SOME FILES IS SO MUCH TIME CONSUMING

One year using dwm in my laptop and never have to config something again and i do everything on it, entertainment or job related.

The day I got into my Mental Outlaw phase. I leaned to code, got a job, and stopped being a balding man child grifter

Attached: 1658534649324587.png (894x886, 361.23K)

>He doesn't wear polos

>Player 1
>Player 2

I will always remember Luke Smith as the perfect example of what happens when you fall for every single Any Forums meme at once, without carefully analyzing them first. He owns four ThinkPads at least. While I see nothing wrong with them in themselves, as they are admittedly pretty good value for the price, four is just mindless consumerism, contradictory to his "philosophy". He started using every single shitty pseudominimalist, ncurses-based program, used a shitty riced out i3 setup of dubious actual productivity (like all tiling wms), then fell for the full Suckless meme and went in even deeper. Then he started making videos shitting on Python and praising C, which is ironic considering he is not even a programmer by his own admission. He effectively spent years trying out, configuring and hopelessly trying to integrate tens of meme programs to build what is, combined, effectively a shittier Emacs, just like most of Any Forums was doing in their "productive" desktop threads a year or two ago. Then he read the Unabomber manifesto and blindly accepted it without constructively analyzing it first, same with the anarcho-primitivist ideology that was all the rage about a year and a half ago on Any Forums and 8ch. While he stated on his website that he "didn't browse Any Forums much anymore" it was obvious this wasn't the case.Then he went and took the memes way too far, and unironically went to live in isolation. While I see nothing wrong in itself, the actual reason he did it is massive cringe. He has the mentality of someone 10 years younger than he is, yet he acts like a literal boomer jokingly criticizing "zoomers" despite he himself being the worst example of a millennial. He attacks "nerds" when it't painfully obvious he's deeply unhappy with himself, as it was obviously self-directed criticism thinly veiled as an edgy dabbing video. He is a perfect example of someone you should avoid becoming at all costs.

Also why is his head so deformed?

tiling WMs aren't shit because they require tinkering
tiling WMs are shit because tiling sucks
i'm not using a 1366x768 screen anymore i don't fucking care if my windows aren't maximizing real estate usage

tiling itself isn't the problem. Its dealing with exceptions to tiling rules that gets tedious and makes it not worth it. I do hope that some day, someone makes a tiling WM for people who hate configuration

>Its dealing with exceptions to tiling rules that gets tedious and makes it not worth it.
This.

Check out Regolith, I think it's pretty good solution for those who want tiling wm, but don't want set every single thing up themselves.

By using mac

never; for 2 years LARPS just werks