LISP 1.0 Manual?

Good Morning Dra/g/on Maids!

I am working on a LISP interpreter which uses a new kind of expression I call d-expressions.

I am currently looking at a paper copy of this:
>Lisp From Nothing by Nils Holm
usa1lib.org/book/18666458/42fc38

On page 12 the author is nice enough to provide a table converting m-expressions to their equivalent s-expressions. He also mentions he saw m-expressions in LISP 1.0 manual. I cannot find a copy of this book. Neither physically, nor electronically. If any of you MITs know where I can get it or have more old papers about LISP using m-expressions please link them ITT.

I prefer paper copies but I understand if some things don't exist on paper anymore and I can always print it if I need to.

The only m-expression reference I have is only partly in m-expression and all the real code examples are trapped on an old-timey big floppy (I guess the little ones are old-timey now too?)

My goal for today is to make my own table with a third column so I can write out d-expressions and their equivalent m and s expressions. I'm going to do it with pen and paper because I am old.

After that I'll add some code to my interpreter which detects and translates maid expressions and spell expressions to dragon expressions before then translating the dragon expression into intermediate code. This likely will not be a tremendous amount of effort if I commit to doing it now rather than treating it as an afterthought later. It would also make my ideas much more interoperable with the ideas the MITs had.

Other urls found in this thread:

softwarepreservation.org/projects/LISP/book/LISP I Programmers Manual.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't golang a better version of lisp

>translates maid expressions and spell expressions to dragon expressions
the absolute state of programming

i dont have what ur looking for, but heres a bump

Attached: 1658038221736.jpg (519x544, 50.82K)

No, JavaScript is a better version of LISP, Go is a better version of C.

>avatarfagging
At least trip so I can filter your rambling.

Artist ?

jinu

I think coffee might be good in helping you boost productivity, but I wouldn't recommend drinking any after 11:00 AM, as it might disrupt your sleep schedule past that point.

Is this what you're looking for?
softwarepreservation.org/projects/LISP/book/LISP I Programmers Manual.pdf
I see M-expressions mentioned on page 12 (18)

I believe this is exactly what I was after! Thanks MIT fren!

Attached: db0w8xx-92c73584-b31f-4415-8d29-48f8d08fc494.png (400x400, 137.81K)

what's a m-expression

It's an early syntax for lisp which is an alternate to s-expressions.

Attached: 1658282993131196.jpg (778x720, 154.93K)

post d-expression syntax

I wish I had a Lucoa

Here is a small example.

>m-expression
foo[bar; baz]

>s-expression
(FOO BAR BAZ)

>d-expression
foo(bar, baz)

If you want to declare a function you can do this:

foo(bar, baz): *bar " " *baz;

That would just concatenate whatever was passed as bar, a space and then whatever was passed in as baz. Local variables have to start with *. I did that to avoid collisions. *bar is a local identifier called bar. If there is a global identifier called "bar" and they can differ and both be used in the same expression.

To declare and call a function you could do this.
start: foo("Good", "morning");
foo(bar, baz): *bar " " *baz "!";

That would produce
>Good morning!

If you want the same thing but anonymous it's this:

start: [*bar " " *baz](bar -> "Good", baz-> "morning") "!";

Attached: 1657146919284.jpg (986x894, 138.82K)

Not trying to hate, but why introduce so much complexity to avoid Lisp looking like Lisp?

>no kana
into the trash

>tfw haven't jacked off in like a week
I won't lose bros

Attached: 1655843461686.jpg (851x851, 142.37K)

I just want to play computer.

I want to see if I can construct my own compiler and LISP machine. I want to try to make LISP hardware acceleration with an FPGA too, but I have a lot of work to go before I get to that part though.

Attached: d7763de4ae2ec6eb4b1d7ea75ddc54ef.jpg (1654x2339, 2.11M)

Ah ok. Carry on then.
Btw, opinions on Mezzano OS and the Second Climacs?