Why would you install Vanilla Arch when distros like EndeavourOS is Arch with an easy installer?

Why would you install Vanilla Arch when distros like EndeavourOS is Arch with an easy installer?

Attached: endeavouros-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 211.12K)

Why would you install anything based on arch in the first place?

Attached: archie_failed_adventures.jpg (800x800, 81.41K)

I think it's because people don't want any particular defaults to ruin their experience and the installer has some of those. And because some people are just fine with archinstall. But in my case I don't think I will use anything else than endeavourOS until they legitimately fuck the installer up somehow

does endeavour actually set up avahi for network printing?

What is >archinstall

does archinstall automatically set up btrfs with a decent subvolume layout? endeavourOS is a little bit more flexible with the installer than what archinstall offers, if you're going to do that sort of shit manually you might as well just install arch without archinstall.

is EndeavourOS good?

>based on arch
>is it good
no

I've been using Arch for years and never had the issues these memes allude to.

What is wrong with arch?

It's arch with calamares and a decent selection of packages and defaults. 2 years ago it was a bit rocky with the install process, and sometimes it might have issues installing network adapters, but otherwise it's fine. Definitely much better than cumjaro

Attached: arch copypasta new version.jpg (1080x6626, 1.55M)

>Guys hold on let me look for "my" opinion real quick

Life's too short to write a novel for each idiot that asks the same question

Which I'm sure you wrote yourself

>older versions of the packages aren't available anywhere
this isn't true
but arch is still shit

Because archinstall is easy enough

Where did I say that?

Anons told me it's very buggy recently.

If there's a thing I learned in this board is not to trust anyone saying something just works or doesn't

Do you think I should trust you?

What I'm saying is just try it and see for yourself
Some people say arch breaks all the time too

It doesn't break for you? I mean after using archinstall script.