Carbon lang

>switch to my meme lang
>I swear it will replace C++
>sure it's ambitious, but we are google!
>forget about my previous meme lang go!
>what do you mean carbon would have to compete with rust?

give a single reason why should carbon be taken seriously

Attached: carbon.jpg (474x545, 39.95K)

>rust
>not a memelang
"female" hands wrote this post

is that way

What does it even do better than its competitors?
If it doesn't do anything better, why would anyone use it? (Googlers need not reply.)

Easier to read. I think it's mainly meant for auto converting large c++ codebases.

>compete with rust
It already won.

Easier to learn.
Easier to adopt.
Easier to write.
Easier to read.

The world needed a cancer-free C++, not a safer one.

>bro just convert your codebase into our memelang for... REASONS!
changing
int a
to
var a: int32
isn't more readable

>fast as C++
>works with C++ libraries
>less complicated than C++
what do you want more?

>C++ but less complicated
do you really think people with migrate all their codebases for less complexity?

>var a: int32
nonononono u can be serious

That's a trick you don't need to migrate your codebases to Carbon to use them in Carbon.

It might replace C++ if gamedevs deem it worthy. C++ hinges on gamedev anyway.

Attached: no golang.jpg (500x500, 32.75K)

The Pascal style, pretty neat.

I'm pretty sure they did that because TypeScript is now the most popular, loved language and uses same retarded annotation.

>one of 3 team leaders is tranny
DOA pozzware

What are the major advantages over the dozen other "better C++" languages like C#?

checked
but muh easier parsing!

I agree it's dumb, but that seems to be their reasoning from what I've read.

>It already won.
Google abandons 99% of projects that it starts, who exactly is going to adopt it when they know it will most likely cease development in a few years tops?

Languages like C# aren't systems languages.
They use GC, so good luck trying to run them on bare metal.
Since they use GC, they also aren't as performance, and when you are running millions of servers, every bit of performance matters.

What Carbon is good for is to get some of the benefits of Rust (easy documentation, testing and safety checks), without having to rewrite huge chunks of their codebase in it.

I don't think Carbon will become a huge language, but it will be used by companies following Google's path of modernizing their codebases.

We should all help carbon to succeed. We need to scare the gotards, hopefully even collapse docker and related shitware.

>nitpicking superficial details

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-10-12-12-24-91_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3__01__01.jpg (914x1008, 93.14K)

I will never use a language where you have to use "var", or let the compiler decide what you're trying to do. I am commanding the computer to do what I want. I know better. I will not ask the compiler for help or permission.

Declaring variables is pretty fucking common, so if a language does it in a retarded way that's kind of a huge deal.

Carbon is mostly about control. Google got pissed off that they couldn't have full control of the committee (which became apparent over ABI breakage issues in the past few years), so they stopped contributing and are instead trying to siphon off its user-base into a platform they have full control over.

For me it would be
var a = 0
var map = HashMap(String, i32).new()

instead of
std::int32_t a = 0;
std::unordered_map> map;

This.
Fuck Google.
Though I do think an ABI break would be for the best.
But still, fuck Google.

>meme lang go
except it's not meant to replace go and google is still developing go