Hoon

Why haven't you learnt hoon yet?
It's the programming language the future is built on.

It's a pure functional subject oriented statically typed programming language that compiles to a simple axiomatic machine code called Nock.

Attached: CZBD7H7W8AA9x59.png (1200x1189, 154.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/cgyarvin/urbit/blob/6ac688960687aa9c89d4da6fff49a3125c10aca1/Spec/urbit/3-intro.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>troon

What the fuck is that syntax lmao
Fuck functional programming

What is a subject?

>The subject of any Hoon expression is the binary tree which spawned it. In essence, subject-oriented programming is a way of fusing context, stack, and variable scope into one. Subject-oriented programming means that this scope, the subject itself, is all you really have to take into account.

Hoon has runes (two letter ASCII characters) for its base operations, as opposed to keywords in other languages. That's all.

>A hoon is a person who deliberately drives a vehicle in a reckless or dangerous manner, generally in order to provoke a reaction from onlookers.
What a great connotation to have.

Right, because that's what everyone thinks of, since it's such a common word.

That's what I immediately thought of.

I'm Australian. It's a very common word here.

Thats retarded

Op here! Fun fact: I'm a faggot

Learn Forth Any Forumsisters

hoon and urbit are based as fuck user, keep the good work

>Caring what Australians think

Forth is obsolete and boring

How is n-1 computed in Hoon?

that's a good question! nock doesn't implement subtraction, so n-1 compiles to something similar to this pseudocode {x = 0; while(x+1 != n) x += 1; return x}

>a fucking suicidal Korean femboy language

Checked

That's inconvenience for sake of being different

The only thing it's used for is for some pyramid scheme crypto bullshit.

It's not a pyramid scheme. hoon has nothing to do with biz?

hoon is only used to develop urbit, which is a pyramid scheme at face value. Fuck off shill.

this is fucking retarded

Nothing inconvenient about it, tedious and imprecise keywords would be worse.

Nock is very simple, so something like a subtraction implementation ends up being O(n). This is why we have "jets", which optimise recognisable pieces of nock code, and replace them with methods more efficiently run on the host CPU.

>subtraction is O(n)
>the language is very simple
>it's the future
it's fucking retarded bro

Do you understand what a pyramid scheme is?

>wow im p2p chatting with my friends through an open source software, I guess im now part of a pyramid scheme!
kys

subtraction is not a native instruction in nock, yeah, it has to be implemented.
>subtraction is O(n)
I literally just explained how it's not.

>subtraction is not a native instruction in nock
So is just some low level shit like assembly or something?

>it's not retarded bro i explained how it works and that makes it better
dude, if i explained in great detail if my innards contract and squeeze out a long stinking log and it plops onto the table, i am still shitting on the table.

ngl senpai das looking like real tranny shit desu.

>conveniently forgets the fact that you have to pay for literal fake ip addresses

github.com/cgyarvin/urbit/blob/6ac688960687aa9c89d4da6fff49a3125c10aca1/Spec/urbit/3-intro.txt
It was right there in the source code. Take a look at line 84. This was removed a few years later but the design is still in place. The system is built on a tiered society encouraging "digital feudalism".
Use IRC or something instead of this godawful bullshit.

Nock is an axiomatic "machine"-language
Hoon is a high level language that compiles to Nock.
No, how the optimisation is done is irrelevant, that fact is that it does work, and subtraction is O(1) as a result.

I guarantee you, you could go ask a stat owner right now for a planet, very nicely, and they'll give it to you.
Also L2 planets cost about $1 last time I checked. They're a finite resource.

>i took a giant shit on the table, then i smeared the turd so it now covers the top in a thin coat
yeah that makes it worse dude

This looks even more useless than normal FP languages