What Linux distro are you using? Why are you using that one and not a different one?

What Linux distro are you using? Why are you using that one and not a different one?

Attached: Screenshot_20220723_081657.png (384x911, 67.71K)

Ubuntu. In WSL, of course :)

Why is arch so low? Ive never heard of half of those

Arch... because I love it

Imagine believing distrowatch rankings

Fedora
it just works

Devuan on my laptop, Artix on my desktop.

Arch because once I've set it up for my use case it works and is easy to customize once you get the hang of it without being too anal in terms of parameters.

Because Arch community is known to be an elitist one (personally haven't looked into that, my experience comes from wikis and it's a competent written one most of the time) and because other distros are already suited for most use cases without having to mess around with anything

mx

because it was the first one that just werked for all my use cases

>What Linux distro are you using?
fedora silverblue
just works

Nobody using this useless site wants to click on Arch because EndavourOS basically replaced Arch for most people. It's literally a pre-configured Arch with an actual installer.
Using Arch instead of Endavour is now considered and edge-case.

Arch, because it's comfy.

Attached: 1658338190620357.jpg (1024x1024, 187.71K)

>Using Arch instead of Endavour is now considered and edge-case.
In your dreams. Also, archinstall is a thing.

Mint. It jus werkz.

>archinstall
Irrelevant when 99% of desktop users want a GUI installer and want at least basic packages pre-installed so that their OS is usable without having to pull software from the internet.

Attached: 1570665705917.png (633x633, 1.16M)

I'm switching to Parabola right now.
Been using Arch for three years. Just earlier last month fell into Artix and then full FSF autism meme.

>Parabola
why

Fedora. I used Debian for over 20 years but anything Debian based, including Ubuntu, fails installation on this laptop and boots into errors with a Live image. Fedora installs and runs without any issue at all.

12 year old ASUS i7 machine, btw.

Shit, 10 I meant, from 2012.

mint. comfy and just works

Bullshit

openSUSE Tumbleweed. I switched to it because I wanted rolling release, good KDE support, btrfs + automatic and bootable snapshots set up by the installer. It gave me that and I'm very happy with it, don't have a need to switch

Why is MX Linux always at the top of this chart? Literally no one ever talks about it and I've never even heard of anyone using it. It's not even like a go-to for home servers, everyone just uses Debian for that.

It climbed the rankings for whatever reason, people wonder what it is and why it's so high, that gives it a boost and now it climbs higher.

because distro watch is stupid. Id like to see isowatch. That would be cool. What distros are people actually downloading

Is Endeavor better than Manjaro? Manjaro breaks consistently after about a month.

'Buntu, it's the most supported and unlike most people I actually have work to do on it. Don't have time to fuck around.

EndavourOS is to Arch what Mint is to Debian. Debian's install and ootb experience is shit so only the most autistic nerds will use it. Same with Arch.

Endavour is a 1-1 Arch replacement.
Manjaro is Arch but with repo fuckery. If something breaks it takes 2 weeks to get fixed because package versions are delayed. Also, Manjaro is even more unstable if you use AUR.

>why is the no-bullshit no-systemd just werks stable as fuck best debian based distro always at the top?
gee i wonder