Lose phone

>lose phone
>no longer able to 2 factor auth into accounts
how do you avoid this?

Attached: 1639208831872.png (999x961, 390.37K)

>not backing up your 2fa codes or recovery phrases or whatever they use for this exact purpose

Attached: ishygddt2.png (382x346, 169.99K)

how does someone 'lose' his/her phone

>don't be anime fagget
>don't lose your phone
simple as

You save the recovery phrase when you generate the 2FA keys like you were told to.

Authy

Have 2 phones

I chuked my phone at a wall in pure autistic rage reflex because my family is full of retarded narcissists and every phone call makes me want to become a murderous dictator.
I'm currently using a cheapo burner until my applecancer gets repaired,

You can't avoid it, even if you don't lose your phone (((google))) and the like will find an excuse to shut down your accounts if you fail to make them profit. The solution is simply to not rely on any services that you do not control. Keep all important data on machines in your home, and don't have any non-throwaway accounts on any external service.

I refuse to use 2fa services from the start.

>realising you backed up the 2fa codes as pdf and now you have to use OCR or manually copy the codes by hand.

i use aegis with synthing to backup my 2fa vault to a vps, my other phone and my laptop.

Export your 2fa to another device and have the password to unlock it on hand if its a database instead of some json or other textfile.

I call Apple and the police return it to me. Is this not a service Androids provide?

Yes it's your family's fault that you're a careless monster... The absolute state...

Based, this is the real answer

Never scan the QR. Use the add from key option. Write that key in paper. Add the key from what you wrote to ensure you wrote it right. Keep paper in safe, periodically copy keys to another safe in offsite place.

For services that provide them, you may keep one or two backup codes in your wallet.

The true solution is pic related but I'm too lazy for that.

Attached: 51kq8MNKW1L._AC_SL1000_.jpg (934x817, 38.68K)

Backup the database, save backup keys/numbers/passphrases LIKE IT TELLS YOU TO DO you absolute retard

>too lazy to use a simple little USB stick
Explain

Attached: 1658576065498.jpg (1024x507, 40.09K)

Attached: 1638383487988.jpg (1130x1082, 67.06K)

Major workflow change, not every service is compatible, and losing one key is arguably worse than losing a phone with TOTP codes.

most websites do not support it.
f.ex. my bank only allows their phone app for 2fa.