I am abandoned

I am abandoned...
Google has a new star programming language. What happens to us now?

Attached: yellow-sad-gopher.png (334x500, 32.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sqlite.org/codeofethics.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's the point of this shitty thread?
do summerfags think that programming languages are like hardware that you just throw away after you buy new one? by the way, anyone who isn't mentally ill keeps old hardware because it still works

>by the way, anyone who isn't mentally ill keeps old hardware because it still works
I'd say its the other way around

Chill the fuck out he was funposting

You were abandoned years ago.

Go is shit.
Dart is shit.
Carbon will be shit too.

Java and C# reign supreme and will displace JavaScript in the coming years thanks to wasm.

C++ is the only thing in any danger of being relegated to a "maintaining legacy crap" kind of language. I.e the jobs involving it are mostly maintaining legacy crap. But that's a long way off if it ever comes to pass. C++ is modernising, time will tell if it's too little too late.

Tl;dr Google sucks at programming languages fuck you Google.

Good morbing sirs!

>java and c#
Good morning sirs!

Good morning sir!

Attached: love.png (1046x850, 495.69K)

What lang is the reptile?

I think it's deno

That's Zero the Ziguana, from Zig

Attached: 1024px-Zero_the_Ziguana.svg.png (1024x1024, 165.19K)

Yeah that's essentially what's happened except I don't agree that C++ is going to be obsoleted. C++ has a history of absorbing "C++ killers" and to the extent that rust has any legacy it's going to an influence on C++ standards going forward

I think if C++ can standardize around a nuget or maven equivalent and if library maintainers utilise it then it has some hope. Conan seems to be heading in that direction? But idk.

Also using C libraries can be a pita. We've had a lot of issues with the sqllite library. Also they had some oddball mantra on their site about god and accepting Jesus if you want to contribute to the code. Better than most CoCs were you sign off on being a fucking tranny or whatever but it's still odd.

Obscurity comes and kill you.

Aha! Found it.
sqlite.org/codeofethics.html

Odd. I'd be onboard if they had like rule 73. Shun the tranny. Or whatever but hey ho.

Good morning babes. Show bobs, show vagene, pls respond, fukong whor.

Attached: gopherChan.png (534x534, 150.31K)

>Java and C#
Have you ever done anything that isn't webshit?

>Golang
Python but worse.
>But muh speeeed!!!!
Doesen't matter, it will never be a bottleneck.

>Python but worse.
No, the opposite. Go can do anything python can do, with more speed, better typing, toolchain and syntax.

Attached: 49965AB7-29B9-41B0-A111-9A4867AC992E.jpg (1080x1264, 265.41K)