Why is linux so much faster on old computers than windows

why is linux so much faster on old computers than windows

Attached: hmmm.png (528x438, 235.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/g/thread/84474692
desuarchive.org/g/thread/86570892
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

windows users aren't poor and don't need that

Linux systems are lighterweight and lighter on resources than Windows typically, dont ask me the details because I'm no OS dev. Something something Linux written in C something something drivers in kernelspace as modules instead of userspace something something.

Ubuntu only requires 4GBs memory to function and Windows 11 requires double that.

because it doesnt have a GUI

Mostly because no ads

its not sending everything you do on the OS to israel

so you buy a new windows computer

>Ubuntu only requires 4GBs memory to function and Windows 11 requires double that.

>gloating about some shitty distro requiring 4gb

You can setup and configure distros to run using less than 512mb my man.

Attached: wrong.png (193x69, 1.07K)

It's not and you're delusional.

test

>>You can setup and configure distros to run using less than 512mb my man.
Yeah but you can't do anything else anymore with such little ram. Especially browsing the internet is very ram hogging.

This actually isn't too far off in a round about way.

Windows is designed to take advantage of newer hardware to make a more user friendly experience. A lot of what Linux users call "bloat" is there to make sure it just fucking works. Linux on the other hand is primarily used for servers and os focused on stability, reliability, and uptime rather than user experience.

Desktop environments do pretty well on user experience however

I dont know shit I come here to learn but I just FEEL that is increasingly less true.
I think Linux is in mamy ways getting better and better for new users, in trying to be a true alternative to windows and Mac, supporting the latest hardware and games and also looking pretty its becoming increasingly more resource heavy as a rule and ignores people with old hardware in favor or catering to normies with the latest off the shelf laptop. Thats just what it looks to me but IDK.

that depends on the specific software set you're using
user-friendly linux systems with gnome/kde aren't that much faster than windows 10
the difference is that gnome/kde are optional on linux, while explorer is practically not optional on windows

You're not entirely wrong, but also with all common distros you can claw back most of the performance lost that way by using xfce or mate instead of gnome or kde.

while 2% of anti-windows troll threads on this board makes some sense, 98% of anti-windows threads on this board is from the most extreme of extreme poorfags who live in abject poverty and a $20 SSD is 20% of their yearly income
you will hear these literal 3rd world shitskin niggers whine about windows updates taking hours or some shit on their antique 1990's dumpster dived e-waste shitboxes with spinning rust drives whereas anyone with any SSD will have never had a windows update take more than 30 seconds or 3 minutes for cumulative update packs
once you realize this, it puts into perspective any sort of advice or opinion you receive from the incel NEETs on this board, and that the best course of action is always to just completely and totally ignore their posts and not even acknowledge their existence
desuarchive.org/g/thread/84474692
desuarchive.org/g/thread/86570892

Attached: 1643026343222.jpg (921x515, 38.08K)

That's because GNOME's 3d acceleration is super retarded and makes your computer feel slow even with decent hardware.
This. You can make a Pentium 4 fly with a lightweight window manager. That's until you open a web browser, but that's not the fault of the OS that a program consumes excessive resources.

>u have to be a slave and consooooom more product, foprever
no i dont, i use linux.

GNOME is definitely trying to close the gap, but Windows 11 came out of left field and complicated its plans for another generation.
Light DEs are the best of course.

>he doesn't have different devices for different purposes
Bitch, I want to buy a 10 yo laptop for the price of a sandwich to just to use once a month for some niche thing and have it run ok with my OS of choice.

>Bitch, I want to buy a 10 yo laptop for the price of a sandwich
i have a 10 year old laptop with w10 and it runs perfectly with a cheapo shit $10 mSATA ssd from ebay
OP is a shitskin 3rd worlder trying to run windows on 1999 trash hardware with 5200rpm spinning rust guaranteed