How do i make my own game console (hardware + os) from scratch?

tips?
>inb4 shitberry pi
>inb4 retroarch

Attached: w3qCPZbr1YMp.jpg (1242x1218, 415.1K)

don't

Attached: 1658359483439244.jpg (575x575, 71.29K)

kill yourself

All modern consoles run a BSD variant, so that takes care of OS. Try netbsd.

For hardware, they buy PC components. So you can just get a cool console like case and you should be set.

The big work is writing drivers for the hardware .

Design a motherboard around your desired cpu/gpu/soc, make your own os, make your sdk to give to developers, design your motherboards, case, mass produce them, sell them, ez

Use a raspberry pi or another sbc or micro controller. I made a cartridge based handheld.

Attached: 20211114_070001-2048x1322.jpg (2048x1322, 144.41K)

tardmode: microcontroller
otherwise, FPGA

Attached: FFK1LtIVEAYVi_7.jpg (2048x1536, 417.82K)

>those dpad/buttons

Attached: thumb_please-kill-me-quickmeme-com-sallesino-989211[1].png (200x230, 31.35K)

You're not going to make an arm circuit board and shit retard

OP, do you know any programming, cad design, soldering, and rapid prototyping?

Attached: picosnail.jpg (1156x867, 67.27K)

No :((
pls teach me sir

its from a earlier prototype, but the dpad is actually pretty good. The only issue is the boot time is slow because I'm using a Pi Zero. I have to strip a bunch out of the OS to speed up the boot process.

How it works: Insert cartridge > turn on console > play game

Ehh???
how

Doing something from scratch is a very tall order.

step 1: Set goals
step 2: learn whatever you're trying to do
step 3: apply what you learned
step 4: ???
step 5: profit

this looks fucking soulless

I guess. You're allowed to have your opinion.

Here is another one I made.

Attached: trash_thyme.jpg (1536x2048, 229.01K)

these are pretty cool, pico based?

wtf how

>how do i make my own game console (hardware + os) from scratch?
easily in current year. system on a chip solutions exist and they require very little electronics to function. programming your own operating system will be the hardest part, but even big name manufacturers don't have time for that shit anymore (besides nintendo) and it's much easier to get something that already exists and modify the fuck out of it.

Yes. It uses PICO 8. I'm also working on a TV console that boots games from floppy disks, but that uses TIC-80 and PICO 8 or any other software that is compatible with the Pi 3b+

Attached: trash_003.jpg (2048x1536, 300.66K)

See
What you will want to do is decide on what you want in your design. Choose what hardware will fit in your design. Learn cad design and design your console. Learn programming if you want to do everything from scratch. I didn't do everything from scratch, but I still had to create bash scripts to get the cartridge slot to work. This is not even half of what you need to do. You will need to learn cad design for the console, including outer shell, for the PCB, and you will need to learn soldering. Programming knowledge is also recommended.