I just bought one of these stupid things

I just bought one of these stupid things.
>does anyone know how to get it to stay on the fucking chip
>I already bought a new motherboard

Attached: 61ehEUjpX3L._AC_SX466_.jpg (466x355, 22.88K)

nigga what you gonna do? jump start a car battery?

yeah so the clippy end goes on your nipple

its a chip reader, ffs Any Forums is full of retards now.

You can try and remove the chip with the bios and solder it back on later, but other than that you really have to finesse it.

who are you quoting? real botpost hours

What? No, you don't have to remove the chip.
Just use the clip to flash the bios chip.

>reads chip
>its bricked
>shitpost.din
>flash
>ngmi
i like apples but pears are better

it just won't fucking fit on. I'm a total loser and was losing my mind over it yesterday. I got this because it was $12 and a new motherboard is $50.
>now I'm losing it because I can't afford thermal paste after giving up and buying a motherboard anyways

I've even desoldered the bios ic and it still wouldn't work
Then the pcb pin broke
I just gave up

Why did you think it was a bios issue in the first place?

>does anyone know how to get it to stay on the fucking chip
it's this kind of things you white collar people fail at

Flashed the wrong bios

You didnt need to desolder the icanon, even if you bought the wrong clip you could spwnd 10 dollars and be patient. Theyre tricky to seat, remember to protect for ESD, or learn the hard way. At this point chalk it up to experience.

Why are you so fucking poor? Get a job

If you are making this post to ask a real question, post a link to what you bought and a somewhat good image of the ic in question. It should be fairly simple to get on. Maybe you ordered a shitty or incorrect one?

this clips are shit, just solder wire from the chip leg directly to the adapter, no need to desolder since the pads are weak af on the mobo

I used these little niggers for BIOS flashing. Worked well.

Attached: 2Q==(1).jpg (1200x793, 331.17K)

I have the same, the chinese clone clip is hard but notvimpossible to use.

I realised only after buying the original pomoma clip that generally the reader only works for me when the chip is desoldered from the board.

Looking for any advice regarding that, tried all the methods of powering the board and chip via WoL, etc.

>unfunny post started with "nigga"
when will they leave?

>make sure pins have contact
>jiggle the clips if they don't
>try again
I flashed openwrt on a bunch of aruba ap105s with 3M soic clips, the seating was a bitch but I got them all done with no desoldering and only powered by the raspi zero 3.3V rail too.

you might want to buy better clips, the chink ones probably suck massive balls since the 3M ones weren't the easiest to get a contact with either

You should see if the motherboard has a place for a header. If so, it's just easier to solder one on and read from that.