/iemg/ & /pmp/ - In-Ear Monitor & Portable Music Player General

The Queen of /iemg/.

This thread is for the discussion of portable media players and in-ear monitors.

• /iemg/ Recommends HackMD:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu

• Extensive PMP Guide:
azalush5.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/dap-comparison-2022-01

• Why use a PMP instead of a phone?
>better DAC/AMP
>more output power so it can drive higher impedance headphones
>smaller sizes than phones for activities like exercise
>physical buttons
>headphone jacks
>some people can't use smartphone at work/use dumbphones

• How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source (phone or PMPs)
>Location
>Kind (in-ears or earbuds)
>Sound Signature (or genres you like, important!)
>Past gear and your thoughts on them (important!)

/iemg/ IEM Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame
• Aria Snow Edition (Aria with better QC but different tuning) - 80$

/iemg/ Earbuds Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame1

/pmp/ Hall of Fame:
• Your phone
• Hiby R3 Pro / Pro Saber
• Sony NWA-55 + Mr Walkman mod
• Fiio M11+

/USB/BT DAC/ Hall of Fame:
• Tempotec Sonata HD Pro
• e1da 9038s/d
• Qudelix 5K
• Abigail CX31993

/TWS/ Hall of Fame:
• none(because people keep asking)
scarbir.com/

Old thread:

Attached: 1658525846647.png (720x1280, 555.37K)

first for new iem day

second for eq is poorfag cope

I'm burned out of iems t b h
left and right all I see is pos
however mako and 7hz zero might be of interest

Are audiophools still afraid to read Sean Olive's researches or do they just lack IQ?

Yeah I like the FR graphs of those 2 cheap pos unironically, we'll see what other graphs reveal. Also do we know what the 7hz zero looks like? Cause Maka be bussin with that black resin and gold fleck

Hello friend. Believe me, most of us have been there too. You've spent years toiling in the muck of audiophilia. You read ALL the reviews. You watched ALL the youtube videos. You visited ALL the other forums where everything always makes a difference. You bought the cables and the little bridge thingies for them to sit upon and the benefits were magical. You bought the $1000 IEMs that only truly sang after 250 hours of burn-in. Not 200 hours...or 225 hours, but 250 hours! It must be that for the magic to appear! You converted your entire music library to super high res and enjoyed the blissful new details that never were revealed by the awful, cludgy mess that was 16/44 cd. Never have your ears been assaulted by the likes of bluetooth audio or lossy mp3! You searched endlessly for the perfect the dac that truly brought the magic! You bought one after another, each more expensive than the last, searching for the one, true dac that sounded better than all the rest.

And then you arrived here...and posted about your dac discovery, and were told that a dac shouldn't sound like anything at all! Suddenly your audio reality came crashing down around you. How can this be? Why shouldn't a dac sound great?? Why would expensive dacs even exist if they all sound the same??? Wounded, you lash out angrily! It's idiocy! It's retarded! These people have dead ears! It hurts. We understand. It's been a long time and you've spent a lot of money, all for naught. But once the pain diminishes and you've had time to deal with your emotions just give it some thought. Let a bit of that light in and bask in a warm, tubey glow that actually means something! Perhaps, as with many of us, a weight will begin to lift off your shoulders. Perhaps there is freedom in this new reality! You might discover that there is a different way a way that wields real magic. A way that actually answers questions and reveals truth while at the same time leaving your wallet fat and happy!

I lack IQ desu

holy kek we mindbroke the poorfag. not reading your wall of cope.

I have a fio k3 it sounds cleaner than realtek ones

Best iems + foam tips combo for under 50$?

Someone spent time writing that

Tin HiFi T2 plus

chu (neutral) or cra (v) + comply foam tips
obsoleted

*T3 plus

What's my opinion of the IKKO OH10 ?

Attached: ikko oh10.jpg (1334x1500, 104.51K)

>obsoleted
nope
avoid T3+, it's mediocre

Aside from er2xr everything in this price range mediocre.

> I have a fio k3 it sounds cleaner than realtek ones
This is possible in rare cases, for example, hybrid iems with high-impedance BA drivers. Without a good amp it may sound not as intended by manufacturer

With 1DD IEMs there will be no difference other than volume

chu is trash. Stop recommending them.

Tell us
In general, it should be pretty good, but in some places it is necessary to correct the peaks

Too damn heavy to even consider
Paint chips too btw

I don't use iems

i have em, they're bretty good except the bass. much better techs than my cheap kz's

Do I really need to cotton mod my CRA or are wide bore tips enough
0 info on this mod online

Headphones?
Then all the more so, in some headphones, the non-linearity of the resistance reaches 3 times. But for dynamic drivers, this non-linearity is always in the 100Hz region. That is, without an amplifier there would be less bass. For example, some Sennheisers

There will be no other differences and there should not be. If they are, this is either a placebo or some effects/eq in the sound card settings

Just use eq lol
Mods are technologies from the last century

Fiio FH1s or Le Meme Snowflake?

Attached: 1557406280198.jpg (741x568, 47.58K)

Titan S