12GB VRAM on a card that's too underpowered to use it effectively

>12GB VRAM on a card that's too underpowered to use it effectively
What did Nvidia mean by this?

Attached: 1_h5et-xr.jpg (680x680, 38.95K)

60fps with HD textures is fine for most people.

It was 12 or 6
And nobody would have bought 6 when the Rx shitters have 8

>hold CUDA hostage
>make cards with no RAM

Fucking retards NVIDIA more like N(o)BRAIN

Shirley the oems could ask the memory manufacturers to make 1.5x sized memory chips these days. Getting 9/12/18GB for 192/256/384bit memory interfaces is plenty, satifies autist buyers and would be cheaper than 12/16/24 if it was actually made..

this right fucking here, gave 3060 12gb but the 3060ti and 3070 only 8gb even the 3080 only got 10gb until 12gb version came out

not gonna shell out for TI so i can waste more electricity for a higher res.

The 3060 is pretty bad, but the 3090 is pretty good. I am gonna buy two of them to game on and mine crypto on.

Why don't you have solar panels?

Attached: Solar+Panel+assembly+construction+components.jpg (873x567, 69.96K)

6 wouldn't be inappropriate. Basically just a beefier 2060.

The only mistake is the 3050. Lowering the bar of RTX cards.

The 3050 has no reason to exist. Maybe for laptops it can find a niche, but that is it.

I see people who think a GPU is mostly/only worth it's VRAM size. even seen shops that market the VRAM size but not what chip it got. it's for marketing

>too underpowered to use it effectively
That isn't how VRAM works, you stupid asshole. Even when the 3060 is reduced to running things on low settings you'll still be able to crank the textures up to Super Ultra and enjoy a much better-looking game as a result. Dropping texture quality destroys overall image quality more than any other setting for a lot of games.

That's why an 8GB RX 580 or something is still a perfectly fine 1080p card in 2022 and the 4GB model is a joke, even though a retard like you would say the 580 shouldn't have 8GB VRAM because that's the same as a 3070 and so the 580 must "not be powerful enough to use it". God you're dumb.

Attached: me.jpg (630x650, 158.44K)

nice shill tard. im all chad nuclear fan. solar is failure cope.

Nigga just buy a RTX 3090Ti with at least 24GB of VRAM

dxvk uses alot of vam maybe nvidia think that will catch on

Why are you being rude for no reason?

If I named my character Carlos Niggelson, will I get banned?

>That isn't how VRAM works, you stupid asshole.
>you'll still be able to crank the textures up to Super Ultra and enjoy a much better-looking game
>What is bandwidth
>What is fillrate

much better than the shit-tier 8GB VRAM models... after owning the 1070, the whole 8GB range seemed like a scam.

Based and fissionpilled.

This is a brainlet thread
RAM size isn't the only thing that matters

About to upgrade my 1660s to 3060ti but won't be upgrading my R3 3300x for a while. How fucked am I?