Why aren't you using NixOS Any Forums?

Why aren't you using NixOS Any Forums?
Has all niche programs already compiled and ready in the nix cache
Has a truly enormous package database
Packages will *never* stop working so even your old dead programs still work without having to hack your system to shit

Give me one thing your shitty distro can do that nix can't

Attached: nixos-logo-only-hires.png (1024x1173, 49.39K)

>oh look another "hey guys I use not-Windows so I'm cool" topic
I'm fine with bill gates spying on me considering how useful and simple windows is. Been using it literally my entire life. Fuck your linux and third party nonsense.

Why do you think it important to shill (any) distro? Grow the fuck up. It's an OS not a religion.

how about you stop worrying about what other people are using and use whatever you like. stop with these fucking retarded "Why aren't you using this stupid this i use no one cares about" threads. let it go, people don't have to use what you use, autist

I've stopped trying to convince windows users years ago cause you people just enjoy suffering

This thread is for Linux chads only

>I've stopped trying to convince windows users years ago
>makes thread trying to convince windows users
MORON

>Give me one thing your shitty distro can do that nix can't
why? who cares, lmao

I want my system to just work

>configuration and package definitions in Nix, which is an awful DSL and an even worse general purpose language
>not FHS compliant, all sorts of ugly hacks and workarounds have to be used for basic things to work (steam-run, ELF binary patching, etc.)
into the trash it goes

Finally an actual argument
>Nix language is awful
Opinion but I can see why some people don't like it
>Not FHS compliant
FHS only exists as a caveman solution to try and keep the patchwork of garbage which we call Linux programs sort of consistent, NixOS deliberately deviates from this to ensure programs will always work together beyond the boundries of fixed systems, FHS provides no solutions to common problems like multiple versions colliding

>FHS only exists as a caveman solution to try and keep the patchwork of garbage which we call Linux programs sort of consistent, NixOS deliberately deviates from this to ensure programs will always work together beyond the boundries of fixed systems, FHS provides no solutions to common problems like multiple versions colliding
yeah, but since a lot of software relies on it a lot of stuff breaks unfortunately, and with workarounds it ends up being a mess too
the FHS was a mistake but it may be too late to fix it

He's clearly trying to convince users of other GNU/Linux distributions to try NixOS, not winnigger faggots like yourself.

>Opinion
shared by the creator, maintainers and pretty much every user with iq above room temperature (in Celsius ofc)
the language is shit, the interpreter is a toy that can't generate any error messages and nixpkgs (which for the users of nixos is synonymous with nix) is a clusterfuck of undocumented hacks
it's an attrocious language and it's a shoddy DSL, but it's usable so it's reasonable that replacing it with something better isn't a priority

>not winnigger faggots like yourself.
uh, i don't use windows, but nice guess you stupid transsexual freak

I assumed you were >transsexual freak
Nope

nixos was weird but im considering using the package manager becasue the huge repos

Yeah nixpkgs is pretty neat

You can just give it a shot. It leaves relatively little garbage around so it'd easy to remove if you don't need it anymore

it's neat that is has the volume it has with the amount of options it has.
it's not neat that many packages break or are unmaintained, there isn't a simple ergonomic way to search packages or options, isn't a consistent standard for package design and is all balanced on a very ugly DSL begging for a rewrite (but can't be rewritten otherwise the rebuilds would be insane)

Work with python libraries out of the box.

why use nixos and not guix

This. Need answer to anons question.