Is it worth it

is it worth it buying a old 4:3 CRT monitor in 2022?
so, I heard many different opinions from many different people.
but, here are some reasons
1#: they're nostalgic AF
2#: they're cheap
3#: in some cases they're even better than most modern LCD displays in terms of quality, size, resolution etc.
I've always wanted to own one and use it as a main monitor, so
Is It worth it buying a old CRT monitor in 2022?

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x455, 26.28K)

No. They are huge and heavy.

You you use it for a day just for a bit of fun and then go back to the LCDs.

CRTs are great for gaming in low resolutions like 320x240. But for most modern tasks a LCD is a better choice.

I don’t know. The resolution sucks, they’re heavy as fuck to move, cost more energy to run, heat up your space a bit more. Old graphic designers always swore the color representation was better and gamers say there is zero lag. I don’t know know why I’m commenting because this is all basic known stuff.

>CRTs are great for gaming in low resolutions like 320x240.
vga can't run frequency that low
you probably wouldn't want to use it as your main monitor because text looks sharper on lcd and crts are all small
it depends on your use case
i use mine for media (games, images, videos) because it has beautiful colors, brilliant motion clarity and high contrast especially in dark environments, and the lcd for work and text content

Main (non-meme) benefits:
No input lag
True blacks

Buy? Fuck no.
Scrounge free to try? Go for it. Then sell to hipsters when bored. Many anons desperately want to impress anons they'll never meet by owning objects.

Alt option to ditch the horrible weight and expensive power consumption, gut the case then install a quality LCD and use the extra room for an SBC or NUC to get a vintage AIO.

that's what I'm saying, I was thinking about buying a CRT because its a way better type of monitor for gaming, ok, I get that there are some drawbacks like the text thing and etc. but it really is really good for, as you said, games, images and videos.

depends on what model you are getting
the brightness, contrast, resolution and frequency may be bad on low-end ones, but things like motion clarity and high forgiveness for low resolutions remain true for every model

well the actually good CRTs like samsung's or philips's are really common when I search for CRTs to buy, so, I guess I'm kinda lucky

>heavy
Of the all the complaints against CRTs this is the one I have never understood. Monitors are stationary objects, you move them once, and then they just sit there. Weight is such a non-issue, are you people all 12 year old skeletons?

that's what I'm saying

>good CRTs like samsung's or philips's
no they are mostly bad
i've only ever seen a few good ones from samsung, everything else from them is junk
you need sony, mitsubishi, ibm, dell, eizo
but some brands like samsung lg etc sometimes used sony and mitsubishi displays in their monitors so there may be some good ones

I don't know if this matters but I found a pretty good
Philips 107 S6 online, I've heard good things about it and I think about getting it, I'm just not sure yet.

My older sister remembers Bozo the Clown crying after the JFK assassination. It confused and upset her, because Bozo wasn’t supposed to cry.

Using a crt in 2022 Rituals of the old... wow 2022

Attached: F0C686E3-B07F-4302-BD2E-2A0282A159B0.jpg (166x165, 15.74K)

Depends on your desk. CRTs used to bow my desks over time back in the day.

Just got a crt monitor today (ViewSonic A90-2) and I was wondering how I could stop pic related from happening

Attached: image.pssfgjsjgfsd.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

What kind pathetic desks do people have. CRTs are not that heavy, I can put down a similar weight by leaning on the desk with my elbows, such a weak desk would be unfit for purpose.

>is it worth it buying a old 4:3 CRT monitor in 2022?
No, don't believe the 2hu R*ssian autismo.

Oh shut up, from what I've seen, looks like I'm getting a CRT

make sure testufo is running at the same FPS as the CRT's refresh rate

>Philips 107 S6
seems like pos
low resolution/refresh rate, blurry image
but he isn't russian
looks like it doesn't run your native resolution

Attached: 1658523089415.jpg (1280x872, 102.94K)

>back in the day
Important distinction. I have a CRT on my desk now and it's fine, but it's also a really good desk. The average desk with a crt on it plus a ton of other shit might bow over time, idk.

That's just one negative aspect of CRTs though. There's still low res, eye cancer, power draw maybe? they take up too much space, especially if you have multiple, modern monitors are better in terms of refresh rate, they're impractical for most of these reasons, and they've been memed out of being a cheap alternative to LCDs.

>is it worth it buying a old 4:3 CRT monitor in 2022?
you tell me

Attached: 1658524705798.png (1652x640, 1.03M)

Well that literally sums up my reasoning

It is
so I just have to use a different resolution?

>resolution
uh sorry i meant refresh rate
that happened to me when i ran 60fps content when the vertical frequency was set to 85hz

Rent free.

For games, yes.

What's happening in pic related? The trails or what are you trying to point out?

>The resolution sucks
We have CRTs that can run real 4k.
Even the common garbage 17" 70khz monitors could do 1440x1080p60hz with a custom resolution. Anything a hint better than that runs at 1200p minimum. 1440p is expected for 20-inch units.

Attached: 69133203_p6c.png (474x543, 50.71K)

There already is a CRT thread:

Attached: 1651644772070.png (262x282, 126.65K)

>Rent free.
I wish. You're paying rent constantly, you're not even gone for longer than 8 hours tops at any time. Not user though.

I giveth thanks

I see how do I make the two match up? My monitors refresh rate is already set to 60hz but where can I check the vertical frequency so I can sync the two
The trails. Whenever something moves across my screen at high speeds there is this horrible flickering effect that looks awful

Check the /vr/ general, someone answered a few minutes ago