/mg/

/mouseless/ general
who transitioning to /mouseless/ here? once i started learning keyboard shortcuts and how to navigate guis with a keyboard i got hooked. fuck mice, digital input >>>> analog input in terms of efficiency. i feel so much more utilitarian now and i dont have to reach my arm over to my mouse so i can just have my keyboard in my lap while reclining in front of my computer

Attached: 1443037759988-4.jpg (198x221, 23.6K)

get a job

Trackpoint is convenient too.

fuck you

About the only time I still use my mouse is if I'm doing image editing.

Attached: cheatsheet-big.png (3342x2060, 691.71K)

sometimes it can be a bit slow if you have to hit tab dozens of times to get to where you want to

mausu mausu fuck OP mausu

Attached: artworks-3j9t460MbHBEyIWN-FSRcwA-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 41.13K)

you mean while browsing?

If you press f it shows hints for that, i.e. in the example image it would "click" on "issues" if you typed f then hk which can be faster than pointing and clicking with a mouse depending on how fast you register what you need to press

Attached: hints.png (696x420, 45.26K)

on youtube f just causes fullscreen toggle and on Any Forums f does whatever 4chanx made it do

bit like vim, there's input modes for that

e.g. it auto-activates input mode if you enter a text box, or you can activate passthrough mode for native site things

effectively let you use normal keys for binds rather than always have complex ctrl+alt nonsense

Yo I forgot the name of that character, but I remember that I flapped to her a lot in middle school

I keep trying to go mouseless, but web browsing really sucks with just the keyboard, even if you use vimium.
It's not seamless at all and none of the shortcuts are ever consistent, even on the same page, so you always have to read the code and enter that, like you're hunting and pecking through an interface for the first time, there's no way to use it fluidly.
I still keep it around for when I don't feel like using the mouse, but it's not faster or better than browsing with a mouse.

Attached: 2022-07-22-134203_756x573_scrot.png (756x573, 179.06K)

OP dumber than his vn wife

yeah, its great and the ultimate device for scrolling
God bless you anons for shilling me into buying a thinkpad

tiling wm are not a meme

For me it's the Synaptics touchpad

this is exactly how vimvixen works for firefox
its not bad, but its not good either. i use all the other bindings, but link opening is just shit that way.
its fine if you just want one, but what often happens that i want to open 5 links directly next to each other, for which reaching for the mouse pays off

It really sounds like it's made for and by autists who dont have intuition

FPBP

Wrong.

You can buy an external ThinkPad keyboard to use on any old computer with a trackpoint. They're like $60 though, and they somehow don't have a Super key (moderately imoortsnt??) though if you're not an idiot you can just bind Caps Lock to Super using setxkbmap or whatever it's called.

this

Would start a colony with/10

fippy bippy

>who transitioning
Stopped reading right there

Attached: 1656429410745.gif (465x498, 1.06M)

Attached: furry plane.jpg (640x981, 113.58K)