Is the Blue Yeti a good microphone?

Is the Blue Yeti a good microphone?

Attached: QjLEeuq.jpg (1280x720, 187.45K)

Liquid Richard uses one, it must be good

no, just get a $50 clip mic

No, it's awful for the price, USB mics are also shit in general.

not really. you pay like $150 for a mic with three capsules. what do you need three capsules for? sure, asmr autism requires and it can be useful if you have two or three sound sources since the pickup pattern can be adjusted but in reality you just want to have a cardiod pattern with one good quality capsule

the problem with the yeti is it the poor signal to noise ratio. it will pick up all kinds of distortions and background sounds if you bump up the gain, so to get the most out of it, you need to have it 5-10 inches from your mouth with a pop filter in between. just like say an AT2020 USB or even Samson C01U

my recommendation is to buy an interface like the behringer umc202hd and some cheap condenser mic for it like the behringer C1. there you have a combination that costs less than a yeti, sounds much better and on top the interface gives you a good headphone amp (it will run a HD800S just fine believe it or not) and balanced outputs for active speakers, so if you want to up your speaker game you can get something like B2031A's or LSR305's. don't get the HS-series or god forbid any of the rokit speakers

people like to shit on behringer because it's cheap and they used to be poor quality, but now the newer interfaces have midas preamps because they bought midas and the rest of the stuff is just copied straight from some higher tier manufacturer. for example the B2031A is just a genelec 1031A, you wouldn't believe how similar they sound too, considering the price difference

I know this because I sold audio for a long time so we tested literally everything up to the sennheiser HE-1. people spend a lot of money on a scarlett 2i2 thinking it's better than the UMC202HD but in reality the behringer has better preamps and a better headphone amp. I wouldn't have guessed it but we tested them head to head and the behringer either matched or beat everything it competes against in its price range

No. It is both grotesquely oversized and grotesquely overpriced for a USB microphone. If youre using the Yeti Pro in XLR mode it is a bit different though, but the size is still inexcusable.

If youre looking for a warm microphone and have some duckets to spend, get yourself the Samson Q9U, slap a foam windscreen on it, get that Puroma mic arm from amazon, get yourself a used Blue Icicle signal converter, and a Fethead for the end of the microphone. All this should run you about $150 - $180, which is only $40 more than the Yeti while having infinitely superior quality than the Yeti.

If you dont have as much money to spend just get the cheap Innogear mic arm from amazon and slap the Blue Yeti Nano on it, its only $79 (which is a sane price for a Yeti) and is a sane size.

I got one in exchange for a modded PS3 and it's pretty good.

Although if you want to do something more serious I think the XLRs are better both in price and quality.

I did blind tests and people couldn't tell behringer from the "pro" brands.

>the problem with the yeti is it the poor signal to noise ratio
but thats literally every mic that isnt dynamic mic
change of mic not gonna solve it, only root treatment will

yes

Attached: 1626976091626.png (1600x900, 629.95K)

>SNR is bad on yeti
>suggest condenser mic which has absolute worst SNR in untreated rooms
are you retarded?

What do you guys think about cheap Lavalier microphones like pic related for 10 bucks?

Attached: 1623467348.jpg (989x978, 71.54K)

no, that's not true. while you are entirely correct with room treatment (I assume that's what you meant), you can easily tell if audio is recorded with a yeti. it's much more tinny to said examples I used.

no, I think you are. your post was stupid, you are ignorant and stupid. just don't say anything if you don't know

they will make you sound like shit. how about dropping some money on a modmic? if they still sell the modmic 4 that's a perfectly fine mic for voice chat, surprisingly capable for what it is

just forget about the $10 shitty lavelier mics unless you want to sound like you're on speakerphone

I have one. It picks up all kinds of noises. Only use in a treated room. Any tips to make it sound better is appreciated

lmao get a load of this retarded justifying his purchase. exposed.

I've got an SM7B and apollo twin usb

Even this $20 one beats it.

Attached: Behringer-XM8500-Dynamic-Microphone-Lebanon-2-600.jpg (600x600, 18.35K)

yep
gearfag exposed

it's fucking garbage and every person I've heard speak use one is a massive retard that con configure it correctly and the sound gain boosted and compressed so it's sound like shitty youtube earrape because the default settings are ass

If you use the XLR connector instead of USB, absolutely

Can I get usb to XLR and vice versa just plug it into mobo