Software firewall

What do you use?

Attached: 1629865375351.png (1280x720, 169.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4760-.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ufw

ufw

ufw

This firewall used to be great until it got bloated. It was a good replacement for Zonealarm. It's great at detecting malware behavior, hooks, hooks into keystrokes, process injection, dropping files, etc. It's too bad it's so bloated now.

ufw
ufw

Most firewalls today aren't really firewall since all they do is just monitor web traffick. But firewalls like Zonealarm and Comodo actually give you the option to accept or deny strange API requests to the OS like keylogging, process injection,

Attached: cis_as_defense3.png (700x612, 109.13K)

uwu

Any firewall that doesn't monitor for these type of events, is not a firewall and is actually just a network monitor.
help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4760-.html

Attached: HIPS_Firewall.png (693x792, 102.9K)

Imagine having a firewall that doesn't detect this. Even if you do end up opening a malicious file, the suspicious behavior like an app that isn't supposed to monitor keystrokes or process inject, or modify memory and the ability to deny it doing such actions is enough to stop malware in its tracks.

Attached: MemoryModification.png (722x561, 60.33K)

>these posts brought to you by Comodoâ„¢

more like this firewall is actually an antivirus, shit, controlling access to the monitor or memory

Comodo firewall is literally just bloated today. Just pointing out the features that actually makes a good firewall, and not just a glorified network monitor parading as a firewall.

but my firewall can block a specific connection, process (from connecting), protocol, port, whatever, how is that a fucking M o N i T o R, shill? and why would a firewall that is a program for network be an antivirus

Kaspersky at the m9ment, I used to use ZA (which licenses Kaspersky's AV engine anyway) but it started causing too many compatibility and performance issues. Overall fairly happy with it, it hides too many settings making advanced configuration unnecessarily frustrating, but once configured seems to work.

I wouldn't use comodo anymore if I were you. They used to be alright but that changed a couple of years back.
If you're using windows PrivateWindows10 is a pretty good firewall if you know what you're doing. It's FOSS too.

Doesn't windows defender do this already?

Attached: simplewall.png (719x449, 49.43K)

Source: my ass?
Kaspersky being validated for Russian gov use, there are 0% chances it would use american code.

Checked.

I think your reading comprehension failed you. ZA licenses Kaspersky's AV engine for their security suite, not the other way around. And ZA + Checkpoint are Israeli, they make a real point not to be US. In fact they have their secondary dev offices in Belarus specifically because of the Kaspersky connection and their desire to sell to a wide range of states.