What's a good USB brand?

What's a good USB brand?
I've got a bunch of USB's from work but they only transfer fast for the first few seconds then crawl for hours

Attached: usb.jpg (1920x1080, 65.76K)

Samsung and Sandisk

Didn't know about Samsung USB's but I always see random programs saying there's issues with Sandisk drives and you should use something else instead

Kingstone xD

>I always see random programs saying there's issues with Sandisk drives
elaborate

I can't recall the programs because it's been a while but there are a few that say please use something other than sandisk, but they dont elaborate either so I dont know whats wrong with sandisk

are those dual connector usb drives any good? I think it would be pretty handy since I deal a bit with USB-C and USB-A but if they come at performance hit I'll just stick with one connector per drive

I've never heard such a thing. Sandisk should be pretty solid. Pretty sure those niggas have been making solid state drives for about 30 years now.

Is Kingston a meme?
t. has like 20 kingston SSD's and USB's

I have a sandisk uab drive similar to pic related (same form factor, but usb 3.0).The actual drive electronics is all in the connector, the rest is just empty plastic.
It overheats like crazy. Not even when reading/writing. Just when it's getting power. I went so far as to remove all the plastic and stick on some heatsinks.

Attached: sandisk-cruzer-ultra_1_1.png (800x800, 337.8K)

got a pic of the heat sink?

I have a live os on one of these. Pretty happy with the boot time.

that’s true, all my five or so SanDisk drives do that, even when only plugged in it gets hot, my Kingston one doesn’t but I only have one of it to compare

If size isn't a huge constraints, you're best off getting a 2.5" or M.2 enclosure and an appropriate drive. Cheaper, much faster, far more robust. I use an M.2 SATA drive in an enclosure for bigger file transfers.

Those are NOT "USB's". Those are flash drives.

I've been considering this as well. I work in IT and sometimes SHTF and we have to install the OS/clone manually. I need like multiple USB's with me at all times. Is there that much of a difference in transfer speeds? They are all pretty bulky

ssd/nvme in external housing

oh my gosh u fucking retards just go to the store and pick up any fucking USB

>M.2 SATA drive
how do u even support that externally

They clearly contain a USB connector.

Easy

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 538.06K)

Damn, that's sexy.

>muh 100+MB/s
>muh Ue ESS BEE 3.1
>Expects it to not be the 10Gbps it's marketed at but at least should be able to write 200/MB/s which is still just 1/5 of the USB 3.1 standard
>Buys it
>Writes at 15MB/s
>Overheats
>Files corrupted
>Reads corrupted files at 150/MB/s

They could've just made those USB2.0 with the 60MB/s limit and focused on making them at least hit 60MB/s write speed.

>Sandisk
Enjoy your housefires