/spg/ - SmartPhone General

they took it from us and we let them

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: headphone-jack.jpg (707x423, 50.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do you cope with the fact that your smartphone cannot decode AV1, Any Forums? :^)

Attached: Screenshot_20220722-075829_YouTube.png (3088x1440, 3.03M)

you're not part of "us" iJeet
your pajeetOS spyPhone trash will never belong on Any Forums

Attached: 1640841593659.png (1450x843, 180.86K)

>we let them
speak for yourself
I never bought a smartphone without jack, with notch or bigger than 150mm in height

Attached: 1635500532335.png (782x440, 553.75K)

Must suck having a slow phone then.

>slow phone
zoom zoom must consoom

Based, that's the XZ1 Compact. I also used it for so many years. I replaced it with a Zenfone 8 recently, which is pretty good for the price of 450€ that it costed me, but the XZ1C is still the best phone ever made.
Anyway, what rom are you using on it? I used LOS 17.1 from FlameFire (Xda) and it worked as well as a brand new phone in terms of stability and speed, it was honestly quite impressive. Unfortunately due to the memecamera fads and ridiculous Google bloat that requires at the very minimum 5000Mah battery for the phone to last more than half a day, phones of that size are to be considered extinct forever.

I considered the small Zenfones, but they have notch and that's a no-go for me.
>what rom are you using on it?
Stock ROM, but rooted. I removed most of the bloat and the battery lasts ~2 days. I use it for shitposting, music, calls and maybe half an hour of youtube per day. If I wouldn't have to call anyone, it would last 3 days for sure.

>Apple is the only company that removed the headphone jack from its phones
Pants on head retarded

Attached: bottomless pit.jpg (645x729, 47.86K)

I don't watch videos on my phone

I don't even own a computer I just use my phone.I don't even own a computer I just use my phone.

Attached: 1658228147578341.jpg (474x818, 46.46K)

What’s the use of this? Every video I play works in high quality. Is this one of those useless things that are only good in practice and nobody needs?

better quality at smaller file size.

Attached: yande.re 975544 bikini ganyu genshin_impact horns kohanayuki swimsuits wet full-01.jpg (2127x3972, 1.21M)

Ah I see someone elses order finally arrived.
How long did you cart around a power brick before you switched back? Number one detractor for that phone imo

>I replaced it with a Zenfone 8 recently

How's the battery?

Bought a Zenfone 8 tuesday to replace my old S4 mini from around 2013-2014. Wanted a relatively small phone so my choice was limited, and i wasn't sure between Zenfone 8 and Xperia 10 IV. Didn't really need the extra power of the Zenfone cause i don't use my phone much (just basic tasks like calls/messaging/hospot/a bit of browsing) and had concerns abour the battery after reading some reviews/comments, so for a time leaned toward the 10 IV. Both phone were 500€, so for the value, and in general for specs... everyone recommended the Zenfone and eased a little my concerns about battery.
Now had it for 2 days, just did the first charge to 65%, didn't really used it much since (just updates, passed through every settings, downloaded a few apps...), and i can see the battery goind down pretty fast every time i use it just a bit (and i'm in ultra durable mode). Now my concerns are back... It's only been 2 days so i'll see how it goes after a few weeks, i'm not yet starting to regret not buying the 10 IV for the battery only, but...

Try not putting it in battery saver mode and try charge it fully. Let it do it’s thing. Turn off 5g. Should easily give you 7 hours SOT

Any recommendations for a flagship-tier phone that supports lineageOS? SD card slot vastly preferred. I wanted to get the Poco X3 Pro but it seems fucking impossible to find nowadays, and from what I've heard it's unclear if they'll ever release a version for the X4 Pro because the guy who released the kernals left Xiaomi.

Attached: 1655788987505.png (266x255, 115.23K)

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

>Nothing OS promised a clean and unbloated android experience
>latest update adds an NFT gallery

Attached: oJyHrglg.jpg (728x728, 68.02K)

>company promised
and consoomers believed

Just got a Redmi Note 11 from the Mi Store for 79 euros. Don't need more.

Moto G100

You can’t make this shit up holy shit