/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: ay95jLp_460swp.jpg (460x403, 82.35K)

i want to get my laptop a new screen i know the exact model name/id of the current screen and from that i can find similar screens but i cant figure out how can i check if a screen has same holes in the same places of the same size for screws? panellook only shows info about size, connector type, power req and stuff but nothing about how it will fit into my laptops body or am i just blind

Screwed myself by enabling vnc on my headless rpi4, now it won't boot. Do I have to plug in a monitor now to fuck with it? Huge pain in the ass.

Or a tv. An rpi is literally the easiest possible thing to move. If you gave a man a walmart bag he could move 50 000 in a day.

What's the fastest and most painless way I can set up Microsoft Teams on Linux? Do I need to use a VM? My laptop might be too shitty for that.

bros i cheated on my gf and now i feel bad about it
what now

Kill her

oh wait, I didn't even think to check if they made a Linux version, lol. They do. So using an appimage means when I'm done I can just delete the appimage and it will be totally gone from my system, right?

Encourage her to cheat on you so you're squarezies.

My VPS provider accused me of doing a DDoS attack, and says it might be 'compromised', I can't find any evidence of other logins or weird activity, and the maximum my transfer rate has been in the past several months was 25kB/s for less than a minute, how could that be a DDoS attack? They don't believe the report was erroneous and won't provide evidence other than they 'trust' the other party. How can I tell if it's really compromised?

Yep. But why not just open teams on a browser?

I'm trying to make an OS X install USB from Linux, but it's causing an error on boot in the MacBook, the circle with a slash in it. Some research indicates that I need to "ignore permissions" on the USB drive, but only gives instructions on how to do that within OS X. What does that mean and how I can I do it in Linux?

I want to get off Chrome, is ungoogled chromium the best option?
Also how do I make windows 10 search bar less fucking shit

I use librewolf, which is a fork of firefox without the bloat and tracking, ungoogled chromuim is good if you don't want to change the chrome look.
>Also how do I make windows 10 search bar less fucking shit
right click on the taskbar, 2nd from the top, choose hidden or search icon box.

how do i make screamers bros? do i use audiacity for that

Attached: 1635634583498.png (178x200, 12.42K)

I thought the idea of ungoogled chromuim was to get rid of bloat and tracking? Or is librewolf just better iyo?
sorry, shouldn't have said search bar, what i mean is the actual search functuality. searching the internet and not being able to find files is so frustrating, xp and 7 were perfect, why did they fuck it up this badly, can't imagine what it's like on 11

yeah both excel at that, just that they look different and with different functions, like librewolf has a function to spoof time.
I remember there was a way to index your hard drives but it's so gay and retarded it never works.

>the maximum my transfer rate has been in the past several months was 25kB/s for less than a minute
So you never installed any updates? Then it's definitely compromised, or you can't read bandwidth graphs, or they are inaccurate.
>How can I tell if it's really compromised?
'lsof -Pni' to view active connections, maybe you see something suspicious
'ps -efx' to look for unexpected processes, especially perl or sh
Do you run a website there? Some contact form may be abused to send SPAM. Also disable the PHP mail() function completely on your server, it should never be enabled.
If /var/log/mail.log exists, see what it says.

I didn't update it for a while, yeah. It's strange it can be compromised when only sshd was running. I guess if they used it they deleted any logs of their activity. I just used it to store stuff. I'm just not sure how it did a DDoS attack, I thought that would involve lots of cpu use and data transfer. I'm just transferring my data under a temporary lift of the block on my network access and cancelling my service.

Yes, you idiot. You've been asking for quite some time, just sit your lazy ass down and do it.

>only sshd was running
SSH is usually the last service to be compromised, unless you set a stupidly simple password.
It could very well be that the report is bogus. Reply to your service provider and tell them that you've checked logs, processes, login history, and that you haven't found signs of suspicious activity. You also changed admin and root passwords, then installed all available updates.
The most important thing now is to communicate, so the provider doesn't have a reason to delete your box.

Anyone Know of some software that can allow you to disable and enable connected USB devices? "Disabling" them doesn't work

You could use a physical switch.

Attached: 618KSuEh1LL._AC_SL1200_-550x550w[1].jpg (550x550, 51.6K)