Is this monitor good?

is this monitor good?

Attached: xbcxcb.png (530x707, 585.11K)

Yes. Old lcd 4:3 monitors are a lot of fun.

how do you know it's good I can't even determine what model is that because nigger who sells it wont specify the model and only has this one pic
seems to be l170p

Just ask him

Yes. At worst it is going to max out at 1024x768 at 75Hz. If you're lucky it will be 1280x1024 at 75Hz. I can't tell the difference between this and the other Thinkvisions from the hand over period.

that retard isn't home yet guess I'll have to wait till he goes home so that he can tell whether there is DVI-D on that screen or not

such a pain in the ass to find a vintage black 4:3 LCD with DVI-D that does not like it was stored in junkyard

Old LCDs are shit, there is no reason to use them over modern panels.

Wrong. IBM/Lenovo always had the best 5:4 panels. Way better than Dell or HP. You won't find anything better new.

Modern 16:9s perform better in just about every way, you might get some better uniformity from a CCFL though. Might.

But then you're stuck with 16:9, an absolutely horrid asepct ratio.

It's fine. Aspect ratio doesn't even matter.

what does "fun" mean in this context? its a fucking monitor
how are they better exactly?

>there is no reason to use them over modern panels
I have no space for another widescreen monitor on my desk and I ain't wasting billions of currencies in order to buy a modern day screen that can be rotated vertically just for the sake of being able to watch a tutorial for software as I have that said software opened on my main screen

sounds reasonable enough does it?

Just about every monitor is VESA-mountable now so just about every monitor can be a vertical monitor.
You probably don't even need to spend $200 to get one with a stand that can be vertical out of the box.

>how are they better exactly?
More accurate colours, brighter, (usually) higher refresh rates.

why do you make shit up. none of those are true. link me one old lcd with specs better than a recent non chinkshit monitor. you live in a fantasy world

Which modern 5:4 monitor would you compare to an old Thinkvision?

you are avoiding the question and moving goalpost

You're a moron. The literal exact opposite is true. LED backlights are 5x brighter than old CCFLs at the same power. 144Hz is bargain bin shit now. It's not hard at all to get 100% sRGB and delta E < 2, pretty much any halfway decent monitor can do that.

No I'm not. I said
>Wrong. IBM/Lenovo always had the best 5:4 panels. Way better than Dell or HP. You won't find anything better new.
This has always been about 5:4 panels.
Show me a modern 5:4 monitor that is brighter and/or has better colours than a Thinkvision.

No reason to make 1280x1024 when we have 1920x1080.

Now you're the one moving the goalposts.

>how do you know it's good
You plug it in and see if you like the colors/picture quality. Dont buy something like that for over $25 though.
My old 4:3 lcd has beatiful colors and is great for old games.
>what does "fun" mean in this context? its a fucking monitor
They take up less space and old games run in their native resolution on them.

Anytime you see one of these old screens for free grab it.

Yeah it should work fine as long as you don't need a high refresh rate or anything.

You can have 5:4, or you can have a higher resolution, contrast, refresh rate, brightness, viewing angle, less power usage and greater longevity.

Word of advice, kid. It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

>This has always been about 5:4 panels.
no one was talking about 5:4
>Old LCDs are shit, there is no reason to use them over modern panels.
this was the post you replied to

You are a fool for using obsolete monitors.

>no one was talking about 5:4
The post you were responding to was only talking about 5:4 monitors. You were just too absent minded to read it.
>this was the post you replied to
And I corrected him by noting that no better 5:4 panel has been sold for many years. What about this is so hard for you to understand.

New 16:9 > Old 5:4

No. 16:9 is a nigger aspect ratio.

Poorfags are so delusional it's unreal.
Which has more pixels: 1920x1080 or 1280x1024?