Dropped Mac support

Went back to coding game.
New release released yesterday.

Attached: stya.jpg (300x168, 7.04K)

ok

kek, I just saw your retarded thread on Any Forums...

GO AWAY FAGGIT!

Poorfag

nobody cares, we're not your friends

ywyh can eat my shit

Ever wondered why Xonotic has Mac support, better lighting, and better graphics? Because Xonotic has actual developers. (You) are just a monkey that can only fork and replace uint16_t with uint32_t lmao.

Based

speak for yourself

Post your most recent email interaction with him

I don't use email

what the heck is Xonotic and why should I care?
sells your ittlodler laptops as vintage and some retard will catch the bait

tranny game
do NOT play it
Play Chaos Esque Anthology, Nexuiz for The White Man.
Mental Outlaw has instructions on You Tube to download it
Watch the video

>Ever wondered why Xonotic has Mac support, better lighting, and better graphics? Because Xonotic has actual developers. (You) are just a monkey that can only fork and replace uint16_t with uint32_t lmao.

Replacing "uinit16_t with uinit32_t" won't change the netcode, and your "attempt" would simply crash the engine on the first entity sent. Secondly it wouldn't be backwards compatable with regular DP7 clients.

My code is both backwards compatable with existing clients up to 16k entities: which is more than any existing xonotic or quake 3 maps have, and it also dynamically scales when you need more entities.

Anyway: there was not changing of "uinit16_t to uinit32_t", whatever that is from whatever crap you work on for your boss.

In C there is shorts and ints and longs and floats. Signed and unsigned.

The first task was to trace the entire codebase: to see how it was executing: lots of print statements.

Then was to figure out every relevant place an invocation to an entity number was. Not all were relevant: you don't want to recode the sound net code because that's only sending from 1-255 (entity number of actual players, and yes they are the begining entities, never higher ent numbers), and there is Quake C code that relies on that: which you don't want to have to recode and have incompatabilities.

Then one had to, after finding all the relevant invocations, change it from a writeshort (writes 2 bytes to the network), to your now more intelligent WriteEntityNumber().

Which sent the correct number of bytes based on if you were using DP7, LP7, or DP7 with protocol masqurading,

The code I added there implements the FTWQuake entity netcode algorithim: which uses the 16th bit as "we need another byte" signal. Using this scheme you can address up to 4 million entities.

Something Xonotic-regular cannot do.
Anyway I partially induced the forking of nexuiz-to-xonotic, and I asked for, outlined, and paid for the development of Xonotic's: warpzone, crypto

Any Forums is basically just a UI around a mailing list

>Ever wondered why Xonotic has Mac support,
Because they compiled it on a hackintosh virtual machine from 2011? And have been doing that ever since then.

> better lighting,
Same lighting.
>and better graphics?
Same graphics. FXAA included
> Because Xonotic has actual developers.
They don't know how to compile crypto support into their linux binaries anymore. All my bins have crypto support.
> (You) are just a monkey that can only fork and replace uint16_t with uint32_t lmao.
Laugh all you want.
The ukranian women were laughing too; happy and joyful at their new added western women's rights. Wondering if they should kick their husband out of his house, and when to do so.

What are they doing now?

If adding additional entity support was so simple: Darkplaces would have done it a decade ago. They never did.

Same for Wolfenstine: Enemy Territory map and shader support.

It's easy to say; it's easy to conceptualize.
That's always easy
"Just DO the THING".

Making it binary compatable and binary backwards compatable... well they never bothered to try.

I did.
And there it is.

Attached: a7b38af2507992694671b3b4a462a726.jpg (1400x1400, 150.29K)

>Any Forums is basically just a UI around a mailing list

I give the email because the transjanitor keeps deleting every thread and banning me.

So if one wants to discuss dev I post the email so a person can see it, then make a cockmail address (or wherever else): and continue the thread using the email (mikeeusa (at) firemail.cc).
Not sure if it actually works tho: no one has sent an email after asking for a contact way.
One person sent me a fish.

Also the chaosesque discussion forum on the dev site could be used. One person asked for tires instead of the anti-grav for the cars. I implemented that eventually: did it like streets of sim city.

(Antigrav is still an option: tire 50)

I would do a new mac compile if I could get it to work.
But GLFW won't even compile on the OSX 10.5.5 box and I cannot know if opengl actually is working, libsource wise, unless I see GLFW sucessfully compile.
Gimp2 compiled on the 10.5.5 box but won't even open (can't get display). x11-legacy doesn't work on the 10.5.5 box (xterm just seffaults 11), SUPERTUXKART _does_ work on the 10.5.5 box tho: it's a binary tho and not built from source on mac ports.

I gave up and went back to working on the game itself.

Attached: 3c15a5efb7ee5dec0f336f1536d29faf.jpg (1280x720, 94.41K)

It's okay if you don't know what you're talking about

Would be nice if this could be like Unreal97 or Unreal Tournament 99, or even Nexuiz was: everyone making maps etc.

There are tons of textures, all opensource, provided.
We don't have a website tho: I just don't have the willpower to moderate a site all day; nor do the html and php needed for one.

All that effort I figure can just go into making the 3d world: The game.

If anyone is bored: Want to be king of a chaosesque community? We'll gladly use your site and have it as the official thing. And you'll be the ruler there-of.

The old videogameing mapping and modding communities were great. Internet was slow enough that you didn't want to hang out forever: but you'd post your new map etc. Most computer time was spent offline doing your work.

It was the correct way.
Tor revived that abit 15 years ago; but then got too fast too.

Attached: Sou01.jpg (1280x720, 114.45K)

freenet revived the old internet way too, for a time.
Shame they wrote it in java rather than C.
Also they never made it work over tor; "relying" on a dumb interpretation of common-carrier status to "legally shield" their nodes.
Lol. That only really applies to the actual tele-co in practice; or large providers. Not individuals.
Turned out 1/2 the packets were sent unencrypted.

>Ever wondered why Xonotic has Mac support,

Chaosesque has the same Mac support Xonotic has.
We don't delete old binaries: they're always available on the ISO or ISO2 unless they lack crypto support. (crypto support is a must-have feature in our view: while Xonotic devs today don't think so and omit it from the linux builds because they don't know how to get it to compile anymore (we do))

Note: I paid Divverent (Rudolf Polzer - german dev, very good), 10 years ago or so (more now, it was before the fork to XOnotic), to implement full cryptographic connections in Darkplaces. I sent him envelopes of cash to his job in Germany. One of the jobs was at a bank. Something am main or something (was the town). It was during the time period he was marrying his mormon wife etc (who was from america).

Also asked for and paid for the development of warpzones (like in unreal and unreal tournament) and fakelighting (like in the editor and DesignIt3D)

What Chaosesque lacks is a New Custom OSX binary with the wolfenstine:enemy territory support and 4 million entity netcode support: because we can't get it to run without erroring on strlcpy.

It has the old binaries.

Attached: 192476.jpg (1115x1725, 308.67K)

>Ever wondered why Xonotic has Mac support, better lighting, and better graphics? Because Xonotic has actual developers. (You) are just a monkey that can only fork and replace uint16_t with uint32_t lmao.

I'm the only one who ever paid the Xonotic developers.
And I campaigned for and prepared the field for the fork of Nexuiz into Xonotic.
You wouldn't have Xonotic without me.

You'd just have a dead "GPL Version" Nexuiz with no warpzones, no cryptography, and any map that wasn't light compiled would have blinding flat lighting.

It still would be run by the same people though.
Doing nothing since 2012.
(How many pre-match minigames does one need?)

Autist eternally BTFO