In 40 years Rust, C#, C++, Go, Carbon and others will all be dead and replaced with more "modern" languages

in 40 years Rust, C#, C++, Go, Carbon and others will all be dead and replaced with more "modern" languages
the only languages that will grow and stay around will be the ones from the Lisp family - mainly CL and Scheme, possibly Clojure
mark my words

Attached: lisplogo_alien.png (256x150, 20.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/holyjak/36c6284c047ffb7573e8a34399de27d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what the average lisp user looks like

Go and Carbon will be dead in 3 (three) years.

Just watch it.

why aren't lisp macros more widespread......
even something as simple as C with lisp macros would be a very nice language to work with

They are. Elixir/Erlang has LISP style macros

that's still like only one language, you'd think such a good feature would be nearly ubiquitous by now

Rust is here to stay ^-^

Attached: cutie_ferris.jpg (680x680, 59.13K)

yeah, for a few decades at most and then it's dead

Fortunately, most people with a lisp can be successfully treated with speech therapy. Speech therapy aims to help the individual learn how to produce speech sounds correctly. This usually involves exercises that help the person become aware of their tongue movements and mouth position when producing specific sounds.

This image ruined Rust for me I am learning 1s and 0s in AMD64

I don't know about Carbon because I don't use anything related to C++, but I've found Go really handy when prototyping webservers or easily making concurrent web scrapers, I don't seem to use Python anymore. But from Goygles history of being the agent 47 of projects, I see your point

don't get surprised by troons in the programming community when the activity is literally sitting behind a screen all day

> prototyping webservers or easily making concurrent web scrapers
funnily enough, both things are actually much easier in Common Lisp. Common Lisp suffers from shit tooling (unless you are already an Emacs wizard, but who wants to learn a new programming language AND emacs at the same time?) and poor discoverability. Libraries are a hit or miss to. A lot of good libraries exist but they usually have shit documentation. But there is also tons of unfinished bitrot on quicklisp, which itself is probably the most braindead package manager I've ever seen.
Don't get me started on asdf.

>much easier in Common Lisp
I have been meaning to properly learn CLisp, I've only ever done simple IO programs with it, but even that was a steep learning curve for me. The only other functional stuff I've done is in Haskell.

>A lot of good libraries exist but they usually have shit documentation
it reads as fukamachi

>FP will be the future
Doubt. FP is a meme, immutability by default is a meme and waste of resource.

The things about CL and Scheme is that they can basically turn into anything you want with macros and shit. Racket has been described as a programming-language programming language because it's relatively easy to make your own domain-specific #lang and still have access to the rest of the Racket ecosystem.

>muh waste of resource.
in today's world nobody gives a crap unless you're specifically working on really low level stuff like embedded

gnu m4

Common Lisp Isn't functional, it's multi paradigm. If you want a functional lisp with strong emphasis on FP and don't care about start up time or the JVM use Clojure. Or Babashka, you can spin up a web server with it in no time
gist.github.com/holyjak/36c6284c047ffb7573e8a34399de27d8

>gnu m4
>when you realize you need templates for your templates for your templates for your makefiles