So all it takes to get a tech job is... lying?

My friend and I graduated uni some months ago, I'm unemployed (quit some boring job) and he has two jobs. I told him how he did it and he said "Let me see your resume", and later replies "See? That's the problem. You have to add more shit. Spice it up a bit." Apparently lying gets your foot on the door and the rest is up to you. Faggot recruiters don't even check because they have lots of work to do. Is this true in your experience?

Attached: 2342423.png (1862x964, 2.91M)

Recruiters can't check because they literally have no idea what anything on a tech worker resume means. They're pattern matching for keywords.

there isnt a single person in tech who hasnt extremely overexaggerated, if not outright lied about, something on their resume or their work experience. anyone who denies this is lying

Even if you're sincere with your hard skills, you have to lie on the soft ones. You know, laughing at their jokes, being friendly enough so they can see themselves working with you and so on.

you got some shit on your nose, faggot

if i lied on my resume i'd be the president of the universe

Yea, they don't know shit. I remember a young woman once called me for a job offer and asked if I knew JavaScript and I said yes, then asked me if knew "normal Java" (as if JavaScript was some modified version of Java or some shit.)

user Anonymous
Education: PhD at MIT just now
Knows: Every language including Hebrew
Projects: Programmed (in) Microsoft Word
Hobbies: Masturbating to Hotaru Shidare from Dagashi Kashi and Mika Jougasaki from idolm@ster

Until recently I didn't and I regret it. I've missed out on jobs I was qualified for and made probably half of what I could've.

Lie. Lie your fucking ass off. But, make it believable. Don't create a website, claim it's a company, and tell hiring managers you're a CEO. Everyone will see right through that.

Glanced at the Wikipedia page for a technology you were thinking about using on a project. On the resume it goes.

Lying on a resume is like bluffing at poker. If you aren't getting caught on occasion, you aren't lying enough. Remember, job hunting is a numbers game. You only need one sucker to say yes.

imagine being a sociopath
I'd tell you to have sex, but there's no chance it will be meaningful to you

>Don't create a website, claim it's a company, and tell hiring managers you're a CEO
what if do all that but change the last bit and pretend I was just an employee?

So I work at a school and I'm the only onsite tech. When someone calls the secretary looking for the "tech director" they always transfer to me
Do you think I can write Tech Director on my resume instead of IT Technician

That would work. Especially if you get (assuming American) a federal tax id.

I've heard of folks breaking into infosec like this.

Depends on your previous jobs and what you're applying for. The career progression needs to look realistic.

Samefag, adding to this. That career progression can be in the same place. If you've been there a while, put several positions down with a progression. You're telling a story.

As for how far you can push things, again, it's like bluffing at poker. If you aren't getting caught occasionally you aren't lying enough. Getting caught a lot, scale back the lies.

yeah unfortunately I've been with this company only a year and before that I have only internship
t. zoomer

who are these people are they youtubers?

yea, the women are chess players also.

>women

why is always youtubers shit in this shit board

surprisingly, yes.
because that faggot stallmann is passé

one of them looks like gigguk, an anime-content youtuber