What made you switch to Linux? do you regret your decisions sometime?

What made you switch to Linux? do you regret your decisions sometime?

Attached: water.png (2300x1540, 794.57K)

I tried to actually use my computer and windows made it impossible
just adding something to your path or running something from the terminal is ridiculously convoluted

I don't I use windows. It just works.

Spyware and no how the fuck can i regret getting spied???

Windows spyware, an interest in becoming more technologically literate, an interest in improving efficiency, an interest in FOSS

Windows was slow even after debloating, and Linux solved my issue.

I will keep installing Linux even when I upgrade.

Used Windows 7 until I realized that Linux works better than Windows 7 for almost anything now, even games. Then I switched.

i liked that it was free and not licensed out by some gay company. i don't regret it at all. occasionally i go back to windows briefly for work reasons and it feels foreign and clunky to me at this point.

Tried every memescript and shithub program, O&O and some crap from Chris Titus...updates still came rolling in. Do power outages fucking mess with the registry because every privacy boon I get is somehow rolled back, I use windows 10 home btw might try manjaro and see if it can run black ops

Ive been meaning to reibstall linux but i cant be bothered.
Wsl freezes like 75% of the time.
I kind of want to install autodesk inventor though so thats a reason not to switch.

Last time I tried running Plutonium (BO2 redefined), it worked properly with Wine GE (package is wine-ge in the AUR).

BO2 should work properly.

I dual boot, fuck the tech lead that chiness fagg doesn't know what he's talking about

>What made you switch to Linux?
Microsoft locking my account
>do you regret your decisions sometime?
No now that I know Linux everything works better

I switched because I was learning C++ on windows and I hate setting up IDEs so much especially visual studio so much that it was easier for me to just go on linux. Not to mention everytime I have windows it always has problems running smoothly despite the fact that I dont even do anything like gaming.

Windows 7 was about a year past end of life and figured it couldn't go on forever. So the time came to "upgrade" to windows 10.
Had been using Ubuntu live USBs for many years for doing online shopping and the like, and combined with Any Forums's propaganda started playing around with Linux in virtual machines with the view that it might be a good alternative.

Ended up with a dual boot install of Windows 10 and Mint to test the waters. Mint being the default and extremely happy with it. Going into Windows feels archaic after getting some scripts up and running. Honestly wish I did this a decade ago.

i value light weight, control and flexibility, i don't regret at all

Only regret not doing it earlier.

For me Windows is nothing more than a gaming OS.

Windows.
No.

I went from Windows XP to BeOS (YellowTab Zeta) because I was tired of blue screens and random shutdowns. I went from BeOS to OS X (10.3 on a PowerBook at the time), because while BeOS was extremely responsive and well-designed, I wanted newer hardware and it would shit the bed hard, especially on laptops. I left Macfaggotry for GNU/Linux around 2008, because Apple had essentially phased out PPC support. I have felt no urge to abandon GNU/Linux since making the switch, and have stuck with the same two distros since 2012 (Fedora and Debian). I regret nothing. Migrating user data from device to device is much simpler, it has worked on most setups I've had over the years with very little tinkering needed (often none at all), and I don't have to worry about not being able to upgrade software because of arbitrary bullshit, planned obsolescence, or a business model change. GNU/Linux has allowed me to actually have control over my computers instead of being beholden to some faggot ass company that exists to gobble up shekels or NSA good boy points. I cannot imagine using NPC LCD spyware OSes on any of my personal devices ever again. Windows is an absolute horror to use now, and OS X has become a neon joke prop.

Ey, I use to have that pic set as background. No cap fr

Not to say it's impossible but I found it way easier to manage my home network with GNU/Linux systems plus I can leave my PC on for longer than a day without getting a kernel panic unlike in Windows where after ~29h I'd get a BSOD like every time.
Only times I feel a spark of regret of switching is when I try to run WINE to play a game, which happens once every few years to check whether it runs better.
Though I bet that I could make it work if I'd spend five minutes to set it up correctly.

Windows and the fact that yo ucan actualyl do what you want with it. Gentoo is nice
No, I still also use windows machines as well