How do hackers manage their operation? How do they not get caught? Do they use VPNs? TOR? I mean E-Mails...

How do hackers manage their operation? How do they not get caught? Do they use VPNs? TOR? I mean E-Mails, SSH connections, nmap scans etc have to originate from somewhere, exfiltrated files have to go somewhere. Do they just rent a server like every other guy and then use a VPN? Aren't they all pozzed and the feds will just get logs with your clear IP? Genuinely curious.

Attached: Pourquoi-les-hackers-et-les-hacks-ne-sont-pas-toujours[1].jpg (1200x675, 80.89K)

There's this really cool trick most of them use called "living in Russia or China" that keeps them pretty safe from the feds

One word: McDonalds wifi

norton and 7 proxies

Yeah well but there's cybercriminals in western countries too. I was talking more about them.

>hackers only exist in Russia and China

You need clearance from the target.

Attached: 1652631200531.png (855x482, 435.84K)

if you are a hacker, you already have access or can easily get access to a botnet computer for pennies. so just proxy your hacking through some boomer in Iowas hacked pc. It's not like they are logging the traffic.

as for storage, they can use AWS just like anyone else, with a stolen credit card or something untraceable.

Most use laptops, and can therefor use public wifi and stay in motion, combine that with self hosted servers and VPN and you're pretty much untrackable, if you have reasonable OPSEC skills that is.

How do you host a server without it tracing back to you?
Okay so they just go somewhere, sit in a library or MCDonalds or some shit and then start hacking away? That makes sense. Seems impractical tho.

i use incognito mode + a VPS + a vpn + i clear my cookies + i eat mcdonalds every day

idk, there are many possibilities:
>Identity theft lets you operate under another person's name.
>A cluster of compromised computers who do you bidding for you (botnets).
>Public WiFis, connected to via a long-range antenna to avoid being pinned down by cameras.
>Making sure to operate across country borders (idk, take a vacation, go to Rumania, and do your attack from there) to increase the efforts an investigation would need (cops are victims of cost/benefit thinking, too).
>If they belong to organized crime or even state actors, then they have access to even more resources.

>Rumania
Do americans really?

It really depends on what you mean by hacker and what it is they are doing. There are gigahackers using Tor to direct their DDOS/Botnet infrastructure. And yeah it typically will involve VPNs and VPS too, more often than not using false identities.

Thing is that a lot of large scale hacking operations are done in plain sight so to so speak, even if they do these precautions and they are only pseudonymous. Many hackers are well known, the difficulty is pinning them down in real life as a lot of them keep on moving around the world.

Make spelling mistakes? Yes.

It wouldn't be too surprising if some american thought a country called rumania existed on top of that you're pretty ignorant thinking you won't get busted in romania. Romania isn't some random post soviet country it's in the EU and cooperates with the LE of other European countries.

Romania is a shithole third world country, get over yourself.

Doesn't change the fact it's no safer being a hacker there than in USA.

That is called working for/with/under the CIA

is this whole thread bait or a bunch of retards commenting useless shit?

Shell a shitty wp blog from tor, use as backthrow proxy, only use via tor to queue times jobs to run on the shitty shelled wp a few hours later, come back the next day. most important part is latency ambiguity.

>nooo you have to post in general #21312 thats actually just a blogsite in disguise with the same shit posted in teh op every 4 hours

what the fuck are you talking about

A real hacker doesn't use any of that shit, all that software just makes it obvious and puts them in conspiracy