/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have our own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using this format in your posts, the scraper will pick it up:
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: Flutter, Php, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: 1653280394711.png (1080x766, 378.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.pythonanywhere.com/169/#the-simplest-case-a-script-that-takes-some-inputs-and-returns-an-output
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/function
wdg.one/projects/72
wdg.one/projects/68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Name one (1) reason why you would use HTML templates when template literals have been a native part of javascript since forever.

If I look at a sites markup and 'copy' parts of it for practice, am I cheating myself or is this considered 'learning'?

Which is lighter on CPU, Selenium, Playwright or Puppeteer?

Who decided to make this thread without 4 retrospective meetings, 12 daily stand ups and before writing unit tests?

Turning a Python script into a website :D
blog.pythonanywhere.com/169/#the-simplest-case-a-script-that-takes-some-inputs-and-returns-an-output

so why aren't anonymous functions anonymous?

Attached: file.png (494x221, 18.34K)

You seem to be under the impression that...

let foo = function() { return 5; }

...is an anonymous functions. But that line is the exact equivalent of

function foo() { return 5; }

I guess from a strict point of view, the value on the right side of the assignment is an anonymous function, but the moment that it is assign to a variable, stops being, since there is a way to reference it.

eating poo

So those functions temporarily get a name (inferred from variable name) until the variable value is overwritten or something?
Those were explicitly given as examples when I googled sround for anonymous functions

Isn’t the second one a function definition instead of function expression, too? So you can for example call it above the code that defines said function, unlike function expression? (there was something about function definition appending to Window/Global objects but I can’t remember the details)

recommended voice dictation software for programming? i want to practice it since my wrists suck.

>So those functions temporarily get a name (inferred from variable name) until the variable value is overwritten or something?

Not temporarily. As long as the scope lasts. Like I told you, both expressions are 1:1 completely equivalent. Actually, that is the exact notation that it is used with "Arrow functions"

let foo = () => 5

>Isn’t the second one a function definition instead of function expression

Call it however you want. Function expression, function definition, arrow function... at the end, they are absolute equivalents, from a programmatic point of view.

>there was something about function definition appending to Window/Global objects but I can’t remember the details

That can be done on any kind of function, no matter the way it was defined.

>at the end, they are absolute equivalents, from a programmatic point of view.

I have to correct myself there. There are some difference between arrow functions and the other kinds, when used inside JS classes. But that would be trailing off your original question.

>Function expression, function declaration*
NTA but:
one is hoisted, the other is not
one is parsed immediately, the other is not
one can be used as an argument, the other cannot
one has a name, the other does not
there are slight differences in their environments and how (implicit) return works
one supports recursiveness by default, expression needs to have a name added
only expression can be used as IIFE

Just off the top of my head, there’s probably more

You are quoting from this article, I guess:
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/function

>one can be used as an argument, the other cannot
Im pretty sure this is false

>one has a name, the other does not
As a real anonymous function, yes. But in the example of it is being assigned to a variable, which gives it a name.

>one supports recursiveness by default, expression needs to have a name added
Discussed in previous point

>only expression can be used as IIFE
Again, you are missing the point of my post. I am saying that when a function expression IS ASSIGNED to a variable, it becomes a 1:1 equivalent to a function definition.

Attached: file.png (528x228, 17.02K)

Any resources on writing usercripts? I want to add a functionality to Any Forums

Those are function expressions, not anonymous functions. You are literally assigning the function into a constant with a name...

how do I know when I'm ready to learn react or frameworks in general?

I've built stuff using vanilla js but it's boring, I want to make something full stack

Pls respond

Try asking the question in a less retarded manner. No one here is going to even open that link to look through any amount of code without any info.

Anyone experiencing hiring freezes or layoffs? I just started this a few months ago and I’m scared

Its just an html file with like +30,000 or so rows of text with a checkbox besides each row and it keeps loading until it breaks.

Have you tried not loading 30000 rows with checkboxes? Can you not just load them slowly as the user scrolls down?

I'm looking through the /wdg/ projects and stumbled upon these
wdg.one/projects/72
wdg.one/projects/68

These are pirate sites so obviously you cant host something like this on AWS, Azure or any giga server providers. What do I need to create something like these without getting myself into legal troubles? as American.