Should I get a framework or a refurbished tough book Any Forums? Which is more likely to last 10 years...

Should I get a framework or a refurbished tough book Any Forums? Which is more likely to last 10 years? I don’t care about performance I already have a desktop durability is what matters.

Attached: B8FFD5FF-872C-4E77-B911-83ECBC3A296E.jpg (1796x1310, 152.46K)

The framework's build isn't anything special. If we didn't live with ridiculously low standards for repairability no one would buy it. But they realized there's a demand and that they can fill it.

>Which is more likely to last 10 years?
In terms of physically functioning or in terms of being useful? The toughbook is less likely to physically break in that timeframe, but the framework is going to be a more useful computing platform if it survives.

We're all going to be using some RISC-V or some ARM design in 10 years, so nothing's going to last since x86 will be as useful as picrel.

Attached: CNLcH-SUwAAAVkE.jpg (2048x1705, 589.76K)

durability and repairability are different things

Even if an old toughbook is resistant against falls and scrapes isn’t it just as vulnerable to degradation and electronic/battery issues as any other laptop? Then you would still be paying a ton for a new motherboard/battery

So many laptop brands that don’t pay attention to the keyboard. The baseline should be a thinkpad

>hdmi->usbc
>dp->usbc
>ethernet->usbc
Won't this shit degrade performance?

>>durability

Older thinkpad T series, parts are going to be way cheaper too in case you do need to replace anything. Framework is an overpriced lego-like tinker toy that even if you wanted to upgrade, will be hard to find any of the parts in stock.

Trying to assume 10 year durability on a whole PC is a fools errand desu.
Doesn't matter who makes it.

>10 years
You're lucky to get 5 nowadays

Attached: 84epng.jpg (1300x806, 87.3K)

>assume 10 year durability
That's not what the question "which is more likely to last 10 years?" does

It’s thunderbolt which is supposed to be faster than Ethernet or something. Not sure if I need that much speed on a laptop really.

Framework's keyboard is actually pretty nice. Better than the M1s by a long shot. Thinkpad keyboards are kinda overrated. They always turn to shinny shit immediately.
Not really. There are some downsides to the module system (not really a huge fan of it desu) but USB4/thunderbolt for all the ports is perfectly fine.

Doesn't really matter how you frame the question. Any recommendation of what might, will or more likely to last 10 years on a modernish device might as well be speculation.
Even the manufacturers of PC hardware designed to operate CNC and industrial processes, they often can't guarantee reliability, the best they can do is guarantee supply.

I guess you could then speculate on which laptops are easier to fix but how that looks 5+ years from now is based on factors like how reliable the base machine is and how many there is. It's possible to get a stinker and parts dry up quickly.

Trust me I wish there was info on what newish laptops and PC components where truly reliable as I seek that info but objective info is few and far in-between. There definitely is no autist poking holes at the electrical and mechanical engineering of anything PC related besides some idots looking at the VRM for OCing prowess and even then they don't really care that something lasts.

>Doesn't really matter how you frame the question
It matters what the question fucking is. Misinterpreting the question and then giving an irrelevant answer has nothing to do with how you "frame" it, it's just stupid.
>Any recommendation of what might, will or more likely to last 10 years on a modernish device might as well be speculation
It is speculation. He's asking people to speculate. You are fucking retarded and your ability to communicate is abysmal. Unironically get checked out for autism.

Does anyone here own a toughbook 19, 30 or 31? How is it?

It depends on what manufacturer you get it’s not always the same. There are Liteon is generally considered the best.
>better than m1
I am talking about the key placement. I don’t mind not having a perfect rectangle. I am stuck with a thinkpad if I want that exact layout or something close

What about toughbook?

>you vill use de locked down bootloader

Attached: 1650590618503.jpg (504x503, 32.06K)

the only reason to buy a framework is for moral ones

and my morals stop me from giving money to linus