Is it possible to just live with impacted wisdom teeth instead of removing them?

is it possible to just live with impacted wisdom teeth instead of removing them?
I don't wanna go under the knife and eat smoothies for a week

Attached: wistom.jpg (720x480, 79.42K)

Your wisdom teeth don't usually need to be removed if they're impacted but aren't causing any problems. This is because there's no proven benefit of doing this and it carries the risk of complications.

Sometimes, wisdom teeth that have become impacted or haven't fully broken through the surface of the gum can cause dental problems. Food and bacteria can get trapped around the edge of the wisdom teeth, causing a build-up of plaque, which can lead to:

tooth decay (dental caries)
gum disease (also called gingivitis or periodontal disease)
pericoronitis – when plaque causes an infection of the soft tissue that surrounds the tooth
cellulitis – a bacterial infection in the cheek, tongue or throat
abscess – a collection of pus in your wisdom teeth or the surrounding tissue as a result of a bacterial infection
cysts and benign growths – very rarely, a wisdom tooth that hasn't cut through the gum develops a cyst (a fluid-filled swelling)

Many of these problems can be treated with antibiotics and antiseptic mouthwash.

Wisdom teeth removal is usually recommended when other treatments haven't worked.

source www.nhs.uk/

Wisdom teeth are the second biggest money scam known to mankind. The biggest money scam is dentistry.

thanks
I'm aware of the risks but havn't had any problems so far, my dentist says it's recommended but I don't want to visit the orthodontist jew it if it's not necessary since it's invasive
Have yours ever gotten removed user?

Haven't payed a shekel. Got all 4 out, best time of my life

make the dentist check em

even thought wisdom tooth removal sucks it sucks even more if the teeth start to fuck up your other teeth

and getting them surgically removed doesn't?

If they are sideways in the jaw they can have a pocket under the tooth itself that will slowly erode away at your jaw bone and weaken it.

Nah, the bottom two came through fine, but the top two are impacted. Never had any pain from them so far, nor have I had any decay. It's been two years since they have been impacted and all good so far

Its a scam. Dentist told me when I was 15 that I would need to have all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed because they were sideways/impacted, being a poorfag then I just ignored him. I'm 28 now and my final tooth just finished coming in, not a fucking problem other than the gum being sore and tender for a few days. Sure glad I didnt give that faggot 5k for nothing

most of the time it's paid by insurance
rather effective way to milk the white population more broadly

My dentist (cute female) saw mine and told me they don't need to be removed. Good to see not all of them are money grubbers. Then again I'm not in America so I don't know how it is for you guys.

I had to extract an impacted wizzy on an 80 plus year old, became infected. Bone was hard as fuck it was very traumatic for the patient. If the tooth was taken out at 17 or 18 easy on everyone. You never know when you will wake up with a swollen face begging me on a Saturday to extract......sorry bro go to the hospital see you on Monday. Lol. Listen to your dentist you cynical fuck

you wouldn't go to a hospital though, if you visit the er from tooth pain they'll refer you to an orthodontist

Oral surgeon or general dentist. Dipshit. Orthodontist straighten teeth

yes cos then it gets infected and needs to be removed

oral surgeon, dentist, orthodontisht, whatever
whoever works on teeth

Eventually it will either destroy the tooth it's impacted against, or itself. One day you'll bite down on something and it will just... Break.

You will discover a whole new understanding of the word PAIN.

And you will live with that new understanding for the 5 - 7 days it takes to get in to see a Dentist for an emergency visit.

Yeah, you can live with them if you enjoy the pain.

well if theyre anything like the picrel then your 2nd molars will eventually gain cavities and you will lose your 2nd molars to tooth decay

No they will rot and the rot will leak into your blood and kill you
This almost happened to my cousin at 7 years old but it was his molars not wisdom teeth
He drank a lot of soda and hated brushing
Who the fuck told you that you had to drink smoothies for a week?
I was eating solid food the same day it just kept getting into the wounds
Just clean that shit and make sure you do not suck on them also no spitting or else it will not heal

Not OP but I had all of mine taken out when I was 16 and was told to stick to soft foods for a few days
Like jello and broth