So this is a story about a magical world co-exist with modern society

So this is a story about a magical world co-exist with modern society
>How on earth does their world go undetected from the masses, in the age of GPS
>Why is no one using technology like cell phone or camera?
>Is magic objectively better than technology?
>Why some normies could be chosen to study in magical school if they don't know it's existence?
>Why Hermione know how to cast spells before even arrive the school?
>How come not a single rogue wizard secretly document the whole thing and expose to the world
>Do the world governments know there're wizards doing wizards shit and cover it up?

Attached: MV5BMGVmMWNiMDktYjQ0Mi00MWIxLTk0N2UtN2ZlYTdkN2IzNDNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_.jpg (2000x3000, 1.07M)

They communicate via fucking owls, like fancy carrier pidgeons. Even in an age of mobile phones.
Like, I know it's a world of magic and shit but send a fucking text message! It'll get to the recipient quicker!

teleportation trumps video call flume shit all day
I thought they had those orbs like the gauald did in stargate
no, technology can affect the globe magic has a max range
corp chose children and fast track them all the time not unusual
would you care to dig through the minutia of the day to find it, somebody has to promote things for me to read them
prob takes quite a bit of education to be okay with programs like MARAUDER

A Gun win against any wizard. Why they dont just use a fucking gun? Teleport to USA, buy a gun and profit.

Shoot Voldy in between his gay assed nose slits!

>gay assed nose slits
coin slots

>Find out where Voldemort and his Death Eater Faggots are all hanging out
>Nuke the fuckers.

>How on earth does
Stopped reading right there. The answer is magic and inconsistent worlsbuilding

What gets me is muggles spit the atom and landed on the fucking moon yet wizards still claim they're superior.

Elitist pricks is what they are.

>So this is a story about a magical world co-exist with modern society
yes
>>How on earth does their world go undetected from the masses, in the age of GPS
they use magic to cloak themselves and their shit, making it invisible and undetectable to muggles
>>Why is no one using technology like cell phone or camera?
they do use film cameras, but no electronics because the presence of high level magic renders electricity inert
>>Is magic objectively better than technology?
yes, it can do everything technology can (if in a roundabout way) and much more
>>Why some normies could be chosen to study in magical school if they don't know it's existence?
idk, something about genetic mutations and recessive genes. there are also cases of pureblood wizards being born without magical ability, they're called squelches.
>>Why Hermione know how to cast spells before even arrive the school?
she read books and taught herself some rudimentary spells
>>How come not a single rogue wizard secretly document the whole thing and expose to the world
they have tried, the ministry of magic incarcerates them and erases the memory of everyone involved.
>>Do the world governments know there're wizards doing wizards shit and cover it up?
yes, at least the prime minister of england knows and frequently talks with the minister of magic, but not sure about other countries

It's a fucking children's book, grow up

There's no wizards in Brazil.

yeah and i was ten when i read them. trying to read them now is cringy because the required comprehension level is so low it feels like i'm reading cailou. but the movies can be enjoyed at any age, i still watch them from time to time.

The wizards schools in Africa teaches black magic?

Isn't Hermione's mother a witch or something?

Making sure that the wizard world is separate and unknown to the world of muggles can't be hard with all the advanced capability and abilities that muggles lack. But some muggles were exposed to it weren't they?

Okay but explain the gun thing. All too often we see situations where a spell is ineffective or a wizard just doesn't know enough to be an effective combatant despite learning magic for a decade whereas anyone can learn how to fire a gun in seconds and deal with a threat. So is magic better than technology in this instance? Especially if you have to yell out your intent before you're able to do it? Combat in this universe just seems silly and regressive from muggle warfare the more i think about it.

>gps, cell phones, cameras
you know that the Harry Potter is set in the 90s and not in the current year?

harry potter actor is a jew

some of them do use phones, but in areas that are saturated with high level magic they don't work.
only if they have quick enough draw. a disciplined wizard can disarm a gun before his hand is on the holster, or even teleport out of the way as the bullet is flying.
they would see the nuke coming from miles away and use magic to disarm it, deflect it, or even redirect it to a new target.
pretty much this, any discrepancies can be explained by "its magic".
splitting the atom hasn't proven useful yet for anything besides destruction, which most wizards aren't interested in. wizards can teleport to the moon and back any time they want, they just don't have much reason to.
yes, and you would be too if you were superior.
hermiones parents are bith muggles and don't know she's a witch, hogwarts helps her forge documents that make it seem like she's going to a normal boarding school.
for inexperienced wizards, yeah absolutely guns are better. but the most powerful wizards can cast spells mentally without speaking aloud and with lightning fast reaction time, so they have no need for guns.

HP take place in 1985
Not text message back then

Chamber of Secrets makes the reference to like '92

Hermione’s parent know she’s a witch
Muggle born wizard have wizard going to their house to explain the whole situation. Muggles who have close relative who are born with magic know about the wizard world. Just check the Dursley, they know it exist. But who would believe them anyway

True, I meant, Harry is born in 1985

Oh I gotcha yeah that is accurate, almost as accurate as OP being a retard

Apart from a deadly wound one tap wound, gun wounds are trivial to heal for wizard

they didn't at first, then she told them in book 3 i believe, but then in book 7 she erased their memories and made them forget they even had a daughter, gave them new identities and sent them to austrailia. pretty fucked up actually.

Technology is just dumbned down magic to keep track of and control muggles.

>Do the world governments know there're wizards doing wizards shit and cover it up?

YES

Attached: 1652025713627.png (472x605, 301.03K)

It's all for the same reason that they don't have magic guns in a modern world setting; it's sloppy world building covered up by plot distractions.