WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CREATING NEW PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES IN THE PAST 5 YEARS

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CREATING NEW PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES IN THE PAST 5 YEARS

WHY ARE C, JAVA, PYTHON, RUBY, C++, PERL, HASKELL, C#, BASH, GO, KOTLIN, RUST, OCAML, PHP, DART, D, ERLANG, ELIXIR, F#, LISP, AND A WHOLE BUTTLOAD OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES WITH A HISTORY NOT ENOUGH FOR THESE PEOPLE

YOUR NEW LANGUAGE IS GOING TO HAVE PITFALLS JUST LIKE THE REST OF THESE AND YOU'RE JUST FILLING UP THE DUMPSTER OF COMPLEXITY AND TURNING DEVOPS INTO A LIVING NIGHTMARE

STOP MAKING NEW COMPILERS AND LANGUAGES I AM TIRED OF LEARNING YOUR SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SYNTAX AND TOOLING TO SOLVE THIS NON-PROBLEM WHILE INTRODUCING 50 NEW ONES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: reeeee.jpg (700x700, 125.77K)

That's what you get for not becoming a civil engineer like the rest of us normies user

>civil engineer like the rest of us
sorry, no, we're not all concrete-slinging niggers

god I wish I was something other than a programmer

Have fun learning all these useless languages just to be replaced by a third world zoomer in a near future

It's easier than actually building useful things for a real world scenario. It's also ego. Just like in academia where some zoomer graduates and thinks he has the answer to some age old mystery that man has tried to solve since the beginning of time.

Kek..based

christ this is it isn't it. they get annoyed by a small quirk in a language and decide the best course of action is to throw out the entire language and start anew, getting rid of all the wisdom and best practices accrued over the years and decades because they don't like C's function pointer syntax or whatever

>civil engineer
>implies they do s.e. just because they edited a script that came bundled with their cad software

Attached: 1323123516269.jpg (600x600, 53.97K)

Because every existing language has problems. I don’t think anyone can disagree with that statement in complete honesty. But software engineers are expensive workers. Even saving 10 minutes per day creates billion-dollar impact. But simply adding features to existing languages can be ineffective. For instance, threads can’t be added effectively without major language revisions (see “Threads Cannot Be Implemented As a Library.”) Also, the current mess that is async/await shows that languages must be designed from the ground-up with async support in mind. Existing languages sometimes can’t be revised without breaking backwards compatibility, or are reluctant to accept major revisions to support new technologies (e.g., RDMA, persistent memory, Secure Enclave’s), that are not widespread. The only solution is to create new languages.

Bingo.

Use whats comfortable. No one's forcing you anything.

what happens when what's comfortable becomes labelled obsolete :(

Its only obsolete if you let it be.

Just stop being a boomer

> getting rid of all the wisdom and best practices accrued over the years and decades because they don't like C's function pointer syntax or whatever

explain to me how would you loose wisdom if you replaced c pointer syntax with something not retarded.Pointer is a simple thing and address of a memory location why do you think c stupid syntax adds any value to it.

Fuck you. I'm making one for me. I'm not responsible for larpers.

>just to be replaced by a third world zoomer in a near future
Not sure abou that. At SOME point people will realise that most software is garbage while they actually need a minimum quality, and they will want something new and non boated.

>use what's comfortable
>stop using what's comfortable, you're being a boomer

Because everyone is tired of their job and does shit like this hoping to escape the drudgery, only to end up adding more to it.

Attached: 1630626674704.jpg (1112x675, 215.36K)

Here a secret learn the languages that people actually use and ignore the rest. If you learn JS, Python, Java, C#, C/C++ you will be fine. The rest are just meme reinventions of the same languages with different syntax. Hare, zig, carbon, kotlin, Ruby, lisp, go, etc

Although php is kind of kino, but sadly its just web python with slightly different syntax.

>lisp
>reinvention
I hate the summer