Why haven't you jailbroken your car yet?

Why haven't you jailbroken your car yet?

>These companies say they perform vehicle "coding" to add additional features like Android screen mirroring or remove undesired programs like turning off annoying chimes, and can also enable a feature on the European model of BMW’s electric car that was disabled for regulatory reasons. Long viewed as part of the enthusiast/modding culture, some of these modders say they could unlock subscription-based features too.

Attached: 1658246244845.png (987x1029, 122.37K)

my car doesn't have a computer

lgtm

You're driving an ancient car from the 60s?

no, 1989

What car, because most likely it has an onboard computer. Car computers were used in early 70s.

Good that my car doesn't have this shit. The most complex thing is the ECU and the PCB for the remote controlled lock. Doesn't even use CANbus.
And I do not only have the entire mechanical handbook that describes every single screw in the car, I even have the full electronic handbook that describes on 250 pages every single cable that is put in that car.
Seethe modernists.

>And I do not only have the entire mechanical handbook that describes every single screw in the car, I even have the full electronic handbook that describes on 250 pages every single cable that is put in that car.
You act as if this is some secret knowledge your not allowed to obtain for modern vehicles

You are, in fact, not. Household electronics also used to come with schematics.

>What seems to be the problem, officer?
>Sir, we have received reports that your car may have illegal seat heating. We'd like to take a look inside your car just in case.

How else are you or anyone that's not the manufacturer supposed to repair your car?

meant to reply

Once you own the car you can just hack it with no legal repercussions right? Its YOUR car, what the fuck are they supposed to do about it? As long as there's no road safety regulation disallowing something you can rice your car however you wish

Yeah, if there was some way companies could make modifications illegal we wouldn't be able to overclock.
Even making copies of DRM "protected" media for personal use was never illegal.

>voids your warranty
heh nothing personnel

I'd assume most people with BMWs don't own them, so it's not theirs

People don't want to void their warranties. Nobody wants to risk bricking their $60k car.

>Once you own the car you can just hack it with no legal repercussions right?
yep. you can do whatever you like with it, but if the car is within its warranty period then you'll be denied service on it by the original dealers if something goes bad in your car.

>Once you own the car
You don't own the software Goyim.

lada 2101

Cracking DRM is explicitly illegal, 17 USC 1201.

Most jurisdictions have some generic law against cracking electronic protections. Modifying your car will be fine until they secure it, then it becomes illegal to modify the secured parts. Law exists to protect the poor corporations against the evil and powerful common man, after all.

You can't jail break what doesn't have a computer. Take the older car pill.

>Once you own the car you can just hack it with no legal repercussions right?
Generally yes, though there are more and more laws being made that cause your car to no longer be considered street legal if you tamper with certain systems. You can always modify your car, but you can't necessarily drive it on public roads afterwards. The laws extend to systems that they really shouldn't, including short-range radios that are meant to interact with roadside safety systems but have largely been taken over by corporate bullshit to deliver SiriusXM.

>with no legal repercussions right?
until your illegal ECU modifications cause a system management hang while holding the throttle wide open causing you lose control at speed crashing into another car or bystander, voiding your insurance because illegal modifications aren't covered under your insurance, now you have to pay for the liable damages you caused out of pocket

>voids your warranty
US Laws says those are quite literally illegal. Don't know how it is in your shithole European country though

The ECU doesn't manage the throttle

>Take the older car pill.
Enjoy your crash safety, boomer

Attached: boomers.gif (640x360, 2.84M)