Serious question, why would someone knowledgeable about tech willingly walk around with a smartphone...

Serious question, why would someone knowledgeable about tech willingly walk around with a smartphone, considering all the spyware shit in them?

Attached: 12347643332.jpg (3273x2323, 210.35K)

im jacking off to hentai on my phone rn

Is normalized/expected of you so you dont think about it.
Services are social interactions are built on the expectation you have one.

I don't understand why so many people who are into tech also use social media like Facebook and Instagram. I just assume they're all bugmen who lack a soul.

*Services and social interactions

not everyone is a pedo or constantly runs hacks

time and a place, you do want to have an alibi user, being a privacy crank doesnt help you fly under the radar

How can you be okay with living like that?

because it's starting to become a necessity
there's shit you legitimately can only do in phones now as bizarre and dystopian as that is
>t. restaurant menus are moving to QR codes and entertainment venues are only selling through websites/apps so they dont have to pay a minimum wage salary

oh no I have a cell phone, what a horrible way to live, I can call people anywhere in the world and have the collective world knowledge at my fingertips

how tf do people live likes this wtf

Attached: 833D0BB1-33FC-4C60-A7BC-6265704E0F77.gif (202x196, 1.27M)

Personally I simply wouldn't want to participate in any system that requires a smartphone.

Because there's no other choice. You HAVE to have certain apps. You HAVE to have a means to connect with other people. You HAVE to do what everyone else is doing. It sucks. You either cope with it by modifying the software, or going complete schizo and juryrigging it, or not using one and being an "outsider".
I hate Steve Jobs

trust me, i fucking hate it. but at this point there's no other option.
here 90% of restaurants (especially the non-shithole ones) are doing the QR menu meme.
was on a trip in a bigger city a couple months ago and every single museum and such only sold tickets digitally, and the ticket office was only there to read the QR code on your screen once you had bought it.
banks are moving digital here, too - you basically can't find any boomer banks anymore. you do all operations on your phone, many aren't issuing physical cards by default anymore, instead opting to go virtual cards + google pay/apple pay integration, and you only ever go to a bank if you need cash (which is also becoming less of a necessity. with instant, free, no hassle transfers, you usually just transfer money to people/businesses, you guessed it, with your phone)
i'm a contractor for an american company so i need to get my money transferred in. the process NEEDS a phone, because they have mandatory 2FA and the only 2FA method is through their android/iOS app. i literally don't have the option of "not having a phone". idk how it is elsewhere but here it's basically mandatory, now, it's crazy

Everyone else is ok with it so you just dont think about it. There is so much everyone just does because is what everyone else does. Because is easier to go with the motions than question every single thing you do. I want to get a dumbphone maybe you too but still you and I probably have many behaviours like this that we will never think of questioning.

Reading this really makes me want to log out of society as a whole.

please think of the poor investors who are now saving $50/year on printing menus and tickets

Lol just act like a luddite and refuse to do any of it.

Really isn't hard and people will just accomodate you like you're 85 years old.

If not you will mark as not normal in their list

Attached: government-agent-caucasian-male-bodyguard-wearing-sunglasses-black-suit-35529792.jpg (622x900, 53.83K)

I havent owned a cellphone since I was 16. I see it as having to pay a monthly fee in order to have friends. And I just dont want that. It sems strange to me to have to pay monthly to access a texting system that without it literally prevents you from dating. Like, no modern woman dates without heavy texting first. Its really demoralizing actually. Im not popular to begin with so I'd just be paying every month to see that I have zero messages all day every day. Its like paying to have a facebook account. No one messages me there either. Why would I do that?

I use an iPhone. What happens on an iPhone stays on an iPhone. That's privacy, that's Apple.

>you don't have this piece of shit tech that you have to constantly upgrade out of your own pocket?
>sorry, to bank account for you and no university degree!

do you really think i havent tried user
i straight up have had people go "oh, i'm sorry, we only work with [phone-accessed service]" and stand there looking at me waiting for me to leave
its over

> i am a true progressiv bug eater i am okay to shovel a tracker even in my ass and get stripped everything off if I sneeze not in the correct direction