Roland TR-808 edition
>Wikis
dmpdoc.neocities.org/
web.archive.org/web/20220330105340/https://rentry.org/dmpdoc
rentry.org/dmprockandroll/
mu-sic-production.fandom.com/wiki/Any Forumssic_Production_Wiki

----------

>Any Forums makes a fifth album
Theme: Love songs (not necessarily romantic, can also be bro)
Title: "My only bugs are the butterflies in my stomach"
Artist: Whatever you choose for your track, and "Anonymous" for the songs without an artist name.
Cover art: desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1653/00/1653001709325.png (embed)
Submission deadline: Midnight between the 13th and the 14th of August (UTC)
Upload the file somewhere and post the link here.
If possible use a lossless format and upload to a file-sharing service, not to a music site like SoundCloud or Vocaroo.
IMPORTANT: Include the title of the song in the post. Don't rely on us reading it from the filename or tags.
IMPORTANT: Songs that contain anything against YouTube's policies won't be oploaded on YT (but will still be added to the album)

>Where can I hear the previous albums?
rentry.org/dmpalbums

Previous thread:

Attached: file.png (500x294, 180.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PifZZ2TUw_g
ebay.com/itm/165543625467?epid=217391980
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reject miku

Just got Synplant.

I was afraid it would turn out to be another meme plugin, but I love it. I produce more sounds with it (tinkering with “DNA”) than with any traditional synth. It generates crazy organic-like sounds, too, like you’re having a bunch of weird exotic instruments recorded in an actual studio.

just watching a video about it. at first glance it looks like a 100% meme, but it's actually makes some decent sounds. nice one, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=PifZZ2TUw_g

Super noob here.
Learning piano and I'd like to record my sessions as MIDI files. How would I go about doing this?
There's "puredata", "soundgarden" and "muse" but they all are GUI shits and I just want something that I can invoke from the terminal that will record what I'm playing and save it. No frills.

Alternatively, why doen't linux have a sound recorder that's decent? gnome-sound-recorder is the only one that I know of.

Just get any DAW and connect your keyboard to your audio interface’s MIDI port

Is it possible to include the "intensity" of the note being played? My keyboard is "pressure sensitive".

I suppose you mean velocity. Yes, of course, that’s basic MIDI functionality.

Cool, thanks. Using rosegarden rn but an automated hting would be musch more helpful, especially something in which I wouldn't have to maually number the filenames

Why don't you record the whole session and then export snippets? Also, for recording, have you tried Ardour?

>mom found the Unison MIDI folder

Attached: 1564324943018.jpg (500x500, 35.18K)

Yeah I'll probably record the entire thing.
I can't get ardour to work, honestly. Rosegarden just works and does everything I need it to.
Thanks a lot for the help!

Still don't understand how you can pitch it

should I get the first novation circuit for 150ewros?

Attached: 1642205768249.png (641x355, 211.33K)

which circuit is it? Circuit Rhythm? Circuit Tracks? either way, not a bad price since they all sell for over $500 new. looking at this "tracks", i wouldn't buy it. very limited with what it can do. might be useful if you have a bunch of midi gear but not much else. circuit "rhythm" also very limited. 8 tracks.. you might as well be using renoise or fasttracker 2 at this point.

Attached: 1636823533387.png (516x521, 215.41K)

Price seems good, but I’d rather have a good softsynth instead

I guess I will keep waiting for a good electribe deal then

>finally find the perfect keyboard for me
>oh it costs 1k
I could just buy a fucking SH-101 instead NIGGERS, come on.

They really love gatekeeping music with high prices.

Im just going to get a JX-08 with boutique keyboard instead. shits on sale for 319 (not with keyboard)

Attached: superlative sb-1 (cost 1k).jpg (2240x1494, 339.24K)

>I could just buy a fucking SH-101 instead NIGGERS, come on.
i would get a sh101 any day of eternity. found one on ebay, for sale in japan
ebay.com/itm/165543625467?epid=217391980

Attached: 1654579525072.png (1280x860, 677.35K)

I saw one years back on yahoo japan auctions for like 400, It was listed as having a function not working which I could have repaired probably, but I hate the idea of going through middlemen to buy auctions in japan.

I did it once for something super rare, but It stressed me out

But yeah 1k is pretty decent for one now a days.
Paying 1k for retro used stuff is sketch though