Is an M1 Air worth it if you buy it with student discount? $899 + $150 Apple gift card

Is an M1 Air worth it if you buy it with student discount? $899 + $150 Apple gift card.

Is there any PC with the same performance and that is also fanless?

Attached: m1.jpg (1333x1000, 198.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4q4nlVXSFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>8 gigs of ram
>100 dollar discount
I just got a galaxybook pro 2 in 1 for 900 that would run circles around that user, don't fall for the meme they're only marginally worth it at the top price range

8GB is enough with MacOS, it's not like it's running Windows.

yes and no

>Is an M1 Air worth it if you buy it with student discount? $899 + $150 Apple gift card.
no "air" version is worth buying.
windows works perfectly fine with 1gb of ram. not sure what bizarre reality you fell the fuck out of.

I guarantee that you don't really care about performance, and that if you did you would want a fan to stop thermal throttling.
Buy a Framework laptop and be happy.

>>windows works perfectly fine with 1gb of ram. not sure what bizarre reality you fell the fuck out of

In ur dreams pajeet

>In ur dreams pajeet
i have an old pentium machine that can windows 10 with 1gb of ram. livesteam your suicide, you disgusting pedophile.

8 gigabytes of ram isnt enough to run my dick, again using my most recent purchase as an example ive got a 10 core i7 processor, better graphics (integrated iris), more ram, more storage, amoled display with full HD, and it's a 2-1 for the exact same price as half the ram, half the hard drive space, no touch capabilities and a weaker processor
just saying
if you want macos you're not gonna be happy unless you're using macOS, but there's better options in that 800-1500 price point

You're such a fucking virgin I can smell the cum in your underwear from here

> the itoddler child molester rages as his low iq is slapped around like a retarded nigger
youtube.com/watch?v=U4q4nlVXSFg

>Is there any PC with the same performance
any pc, and with better performance
>fanless
any phone
a fast cpu can't run absolutely without fans yet, even intel has not reached that level of efficiency yet
ironically modern macos is the most memory hungry system, and having 8 gb kills your ssd with swap so you need at least 16gb

If you could move up to the M2 Air that'll be better on pretty much everything, but yeah the M1 is excellent too for the price

>900 bucks for a glorified chromebook
>excellent for the price
my sides

the m1 air is quite good. don't get the m2 as the storage options kind of fuck you as the lowest storage option only has 1 NAND chip. M1 has 2 NAND chips regardless. I have mine configured to 256GB and 16GB or RAM.

Think you want GNU/Linux on Intel OP

yes

no, by a long shot

what about living in 2022, it's not 1995, I can buy 256 gb of ram with the money falling out of my pockets daily

As always, what do you plan to do with it.

I picked up a refurb base spec M1 Air last fall and it's nice. Admittedly I haven't tried throwing video rendering at it yet, it's mostly been a shitposting machine while I install media applications. I still use my Thinkpad for work, but mostly because all my stuff is on it and I'm too lazy to transfer things over and re-login to everything.

If you're not hurting for money, go for it.

Attached: 292573641_818958195756143_7755860757004508310_n.jpg (1440x1688, 354.45K)

HAHAHAHAH
You fucking chucks will never get it
Enjoy your overheating, loud, cheap feeling, no battery life piece of shit

The MacBook air is the best value laptop you can buy right now and that's without any discounts, stop hating your life and get one

>I still use my Thinkpad for work
Case in point
So you're content with taking up an entire USB port and having a SSD dangling off the side of your laptop, all for the apple logo?
My galaxybook feels premium as fuck, and it's comfy as hell as well.
I put it in tablet or rent mode most of the time (something you'll never get to do) and run Photoshop and my DAW at the same time with 0 stutter (something you'll never get to do either)
Shits kino as fuck

>M1 has 2 NAND chips regardless.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, it's likely any M1 macbook airs released from this point forward have 1 NAND chip as well

tent*

*Fans ramping up* what ? I CANT HEAR YOU ??!!

no

Just get the m2

ugly underwear
no ass
yellow ppl

weebs always crack me up

>apple shills itt
kek
oh sorry applebro im too busy with all of my tabs, videos and applications open to be able to talk to you
oh what's that? you start throttling after a couple chrome tabs? well it is a macbook air after all..