Why Did NASA Fail To Do What SpaceX Is Doing?

Despite NASA having more funding, how come they weren't able to do all the things SpaceX is doing technology wise?

Attached: NasaVsSpaceX.jpg (1280x720, 172.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/press-release/as-artemis-moves-forward-nasa-picks-spacex-to-land-next-americans-on-moon/
nasa.gov/offices/odeo/diversity-and-inclusion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

private companies that aren't fully dependant on tax money generally are more efficient.

First of tge spacex rocket looks like shit
Secondly it cant reach the moon

>Secondly it cant reach the moon
?
its literally been contracted as a lunar lander by NASA
nasa.gov/press-release/as-artemis-moves-forward-nasa-picks-spacex-to-land-next-americans-on-moon/

Less focus on going to space and more focus on diversity and politics.

nasa is tired of making fake videos, musk outsourced video manipulation dept to call center in asia.

> Government vs private sector
Gee, I wonder why.

Employees were stealing laptops instead of doing rocket science.

Attached: spaceman1.jpg (1023x1009, 204.63K)

>Despite NASA having more funding, how come they weren't able to do all the things SpaceX is doing technology wise?
Being a government entity, a lot of money goes to waste.
They basically have to beg for funding per project, as well. It's not like they can take the money they get in the budget and use it for something other than they requested it for.

Neither could the Space Shuttle. They're actually relatively similar in regards to their single launch capability.

The thing l use to shitpost would be considered a supercomputer back when NASA was developing new vehicles. They haven't had funding to properly develop anything since then.
Just want till China starts planting flags, well see what they're capable of.

Two different objectives. One is to make money the other is to provide a service. Companies fail all the time. That's ok, that's capitalism.
But you can't have the fire department, postal service and court system just decide one day "nah, this isn't worth it for us, we're doing something else."

the meme that the government cant do anything right is a meme.
Sure the government makes shitty stuff but theyre better at research.

NASA did all the up front research and groundwork. Rather reinvent the wheel, more effective to contract these things out and focus resources on grand, bigger picture projects that private industry won't touch yet since there's no quick buck to be made.

Management. One part of it is that, being a government entity, NASA is severely restricted in how it can be managed. The other part is that (whatever you think of his engineering ability) Musk is a really good manager and has the financial and organizational freedom to exploit his ability. Both parts are necessary (see BO).

>Despite NASA having more funding, how come they weren't able to do all the things SpaceX is doing technology wise?
I wonder...
nasa.gov/offices/odeo/diversity-and-inclusion
But most of that extra money is spent on not-space stuff called "Climate Change"
James Hansen takes all their funding and pockets it, then puts out some made up bullshit about CO2
If I worked at NASA I would see he has an accident and then make sure funding goes to space again

Isn't it well known that nearly any government funded thing is a bloated piece of shit with top heavy administration and general waste at every turn?

left: sovl
right: sovlless

Yes, government inefficiencies are well publicized by people interested in privatizing everything. They're not interested in helping to improve the current situation strictly though policy. And they're also uninterested in the obvious conflict of interests that comes with universal privatization. For example, if I ran a hospital and you were uninsured and unable to pay for the high cost of medical care, I wouldn't admit you as a patient.

>For example, if I ran a hospital and you were uninsured and unable to pay for the high cost of medical care, I wouldn't admit you as a patient.
what's the problem here?

>left -14 deaths in 135 flights
That's atrocious

The tax breaks hospitals and healthcare providers are given is the issue in that situation.