The old net

Who else misses the era of the world wide web that was in the 2000s?
I particularly miss the various messaging services/forums that existed and pre-Jewgle YouTube.
Everything just feels too "centralized" now.

Attached: VD_VD200610061214013AR.jpg (599x600, 66.73K)

>2008
>watch anything
>athene video in recommended with a million views and a clickbait sexy girl thumbnail and a stupid misleading title
No, I don't miss it. No I don't want to go back. Also don't forget Fred in 2007.

Let's not forget myspace just being stupid "repost on x number of pages or you die" spam

Looks ugly as shit, I'm good senpai. Internet changed for the better since then

The internet peaked with art bell and schizos in the late 90s but people have been complaining about normies ruining the net forever eternal September was in the mud 90s I think

soul

soulless

>Looks ugly as shit
I'd take it over the current sterile shit YouTube is now. I remember when you could customize your entire channel page.
>Internet changed for the better since then
Every website looks the same now (news sites are especially guilty of this). No variety whatsoever. I think that's objectively worse

Part of it is nostalgia but it's also hard to argue that things have changed for the better. Technologically we're better off but that also means those who control the technology have more control. I too miss the decentralized web. I miss the heyday of Newgrounds and forums, and the pre-adpocalypse YouTube. I miss the desktop customization scene as it was before all this 'ricing' faggotry. I miss the interesting people I spoke to and the multitude of views and perspectives they had. There was no 'internet culture' but more a variety of subcultures. It was better.

This user gets it
>I particularly miss the various messaging services
I have a lot of good memories of msn messenger.

Attached: 1469117487-messenger-nudge.gif (359x277, 230.35K)

I miss it so much. Everything has been so consolidated and tuned to marketing there is nothing genuine on the internet anymore. YouTube is broken with the “you wouldn’t believe what happened when” clickbait videos. IGN used to have a babes and cars section, strangeland and other crazy ass websites existed. The whole thing just feels curated now, like a museum where you only get to see specific exhibits presented to you. Actually it feels fake.

Attached: ECF963A5-FD4D-4CE0-8441-7A388461ABBB.png (845x925, 457.74K)

>ho else misses the era of the world wide web that was in the 2000s?
No it was shit it won't be missed. I feel nostalgic about MSN but there's WhatsApp so who cares.

You just miss being younger, not the old internet. As years go by, the world changes, on top of that you start to notice signs of ageing which remind you of your mortality. This makes you want to go back in time to distance yourself from death.
I wish you retarded down syndrome spastics realized this and made peace with the fact that you will die one day instead of spamming this worthless board with NEW BAD OLD GOOD spam
Faggots

>the cool people whose status was always set to busy
>afraid to message them
>weird character usernames
>picking a sweet profile picture
>losing account access and having to slowly grow it back ;_;

Who is stopping you from making authentic content you retard?

>There was no 'internet culture' but more a variety of subcultures. It was better.
Yeah, I agree. There were opportunities to interact with all sorts of communities back in the day that are now basically extinct.
Web search results used to be WAY more diverse too.

No it was actually just better™ because it was slower and quieter. A lot harder to spend the entire day on it.

>NEW BAD OLD GOOD
Unironically true lmao

I miss the blades menu from the 360

I really wish there was still an emphasis on customization and personality like back in the day.
I blame smartphones taking off the way they did. It's why the most you can do on most social media is a profile photo and maybe some sort of banner.

Attached: u087i0zlt4751.png (1023x978, 662K)

The part I missed was interacting with people was a new and cool thing. So everyone online went online to interact, that was 90% of it's purpose.

Now the internet feels like the grocery store where everyone is there to do something else. And they don't want to stop and talk to someone. I remember going into any MMO and just shooting the shit for hours in general chat

True, I remember when going on reddit after the second "front page" was shitty content. Then you had to leave and come back 10 hours later for decent content.

Now it's endless content.

I would regularly frequent forums about music at the time (MCR, Paramore, Modest Mouse etc.) and immediately hit it off with people talking about what songs we liked and shit. I'm even still in contact with some of these people.
I'm grateful to have been able to make such connections. Because I cannot possibly see that being the case nowadays for normal people lol

>Bleach episode X part 1/3
It was a kino part of my childhood.

pretty sure we can make it possible without things getting fucky on the phones and whatnot. it's just that susan doesn't care.

I have so many fond memories of the the internet pre-YouTube that in my mind it's still a "new" thing.
I now realize that I'm getting old.

Attached: 1641330995703.jpg (302x225, 8.71K)

I remember when forums had regular users everyone would know.
I know nobody likes to hear about "muh sekrit klub" shit. But when there was only so many people that everyone kind of just knew each other, that was a feeling I missed the most.

That's literally the generals to pseudo generals on all boards. Go find one that you like.

>Watching anime episodes in multiple parts in 480p on Youtube
It still boggles my mind how anime has become this mainstream thing now when we had to do shit like that back in the day

anyone think the old net look is gonna come back eventually?

>pretty sure we can make it possible without things getting fucky on the phones and whatnot
You can't. This hasn't been something you would be able to do in about a decade.
All you can do on YouTube is have an avatar and banner pic. Been like that since Google took over.
You're right that Susan does not care. I wouldn't expect that retard to care about anything aside from making YouTube more horrible year after year.

I came to Any Forums in 2006 and the reason I stayed was precisely because it's an anonymous forum, I was sick of the attention fagging in regular forums.
Besides if you go back to re-read your forum posts from 15-20 years ago you'll wish you could nuke the server hosting the forum.

I don't think it being solely relegated to Any Forums generals is what he's after.
Most of the ones on this site blow anyway

With how things are now? Highly doubt unless some societal enlightenment occurs and all the batshit ideologies/movements and political lunacy were to just disappear over night.
The world's far too different now. If somebody from 2011 saw what 2019 - now was going to be like they'd lose their shit.