GUIs that aren't electron, discuss the best ones

GUIs that aren't electron, discuss the best ones.

Attached: 1649868253475.png (830x510, 191.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.godotengine.org/en/latest/classes/class_os.html?highlight=low processor mode#class-os-property-low-processor-usage-mode
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>GUIs that aren't electron, discuss the best ones.
I like Qt applications.
Especially with the the ones that use the KDE framework.

Attached: IMG_20220717_162023.jpg (1600x876, 1.38M)

I want to try building an app with Godot, seems like it might be good for GUIs.

kirigami seems pretty based

Nuklear UI

Attached: 46733681-64d24600-cc67-11e8-9622-6f5d7be42f89.png (1276x981, 206.42K)

>gui

One application was made in it called Armor Paint
I haven't yet figured out how it actually accomplished the whole GUI thing though, and how well it translates to applications that don't need the entire screen to be redrawn every frame

Basically its just QT. Some corner cases where WxWidgets, FOX, or FLTK might be ok. But most of the time they are poor choices.

Also, immediate mode GUIs aren't a great choice for a lot of applications. Rendered mode has been the standard for decades because they have advantages over GPU/OpenGL based solutions

>how well it translates to applications that don't need the entire screen to be redrawn every frame
In their documentation it says there's a mode that doesn't do that on PC.

qt is nice apart from the retarded complex painter stuff you need for MVC. Pretty sure it comes from the OOP nature of qt could be wrong though. Wish they would just copy whatever gtk4 has thats easy as hell to use.
qml is also pretty cool but its so barebones that its hard to make sense of
gtk works well if you put in the effort and do the stuff like the gnome devs want you to do do anything outside the norm and be prepared to wade through pools of shitty docs and questionable source code that contradicts itself.
html+js is top its so fucking easy to build and straightforward
never like imgui much it always turns into a mess for complex applications
android shit can go fuck itself its like 10 standard all of which are obsolete and the ide itself takes like 6gb ram.

you mean this
docs.godotengine.org/en/latest/classes/class_os.html?highlight=low processor mode#class-os-property-low-processor-usage-mode

well in that case making GUIs in Godot seems pretty legit for my use-case, the only question is how god awful state and event handling could be

GTK4 + libadwaita
Dont even try to convince me otherwise, ive already hidden this thread

WinUI 3

Attached: file.png (1920x1032, 116.71K)

rofi is good for making simple row based interfaces

Attached: rofi_3.jpg (595x344, 50.51K)

>Armor Paint
no that's made with ArmoryEngine

christ

It's beautiful.

>rendered mode
what are you on about
>they have advantages over GPU/OpenGL
what the absolute fuck are you on about. if you're talking about retained mode UI toolkits, modern ones use the GPU too

Blender's interface is great. I don't know what toolkit it uses, but I'd take a whole DE written in it.

>what are you on about
He's a schizo.

>what toolkit it uses
This is your zoomer brain on javascript.
It doesn't use any fucking toolkit.

Almost looks like the Doom editor

the bloat of the average retained mode data structure far outweighs any 'benefit' from not just re-rendering every frame. Hell, you don't even need to do that, you can keep the output in a buffer and re-render everything once an action occurs or the mouse clicks. That'll get you performance savings without any kind of retained mode nightmare datastructure

Boomers made blender, they know how to build things from scratch without children's muh toolkit blocks.

This will probably make some people angry, but you're right.