You reuse and repurpose your old phones right, Any Forums?

You reuse and repurpose your old phones right, Any Forums?
You're not simply letting them rot in some drawer while also complaining that raspis for running your shitty selfhosted services cost too much and are unobtainium, right Any Forums??

Attached: 373b09574805e42ff3ec67468165050d.jpg (862x485, 110.45K)

Explain. How

I could make a script to install this on the samsung a5 or whichever phone and retards would still be whining about raspberry pis so I won't bother.

Attached: Screenshot (50).png (1920x1080, 272.42K)

What more?? Pihole is worthless its 2022 grandma...

It helped me bypass the Any Forums ba...nter

Couldn't think of a single think I'd like to do with it

Well my g5 plus it's my PMP now
But my Galaxy S3 mini is just resting at the bottom of my drawer just in case something happens and I need a phone to shove my SIM into

The majority of "old phones in a drawer" are going to have their bootloader locked or have only shitty custom roms.
Remote management on Android is impossible, you will have to go in there and fiddle with the screen to change settings.
Any process you run will get terminated and you will have to restart it manually every couple days since you can't run linux services.
It will be a gaping hole in your network security because the phone is running an old vulnerable Android version.
You will run into incompatibilities because software expects a real Linux system and not a shitty chroot without root access.
Your stuff will run extremely slow because Android enters sleep mode unless you work around it with applications that you have to hunt down the apk of and pray that it isn't malware.
There are a million disadvantages of running your stuff on a random old Android phone. It's better than nothing but it's shit.

>Your stuff will run extremely slow because Android enters sleep mode unless you work around it
dev options don't sleep while charging

I use a Samsung a21 as a pmp and a pdf reader since it has a sd card and headphone slot
I've seen security software that claims to be able to use an old android as a sec camera
I dunno old phones are pretty worthless

I just bought one, they're back in stock

Attached: Screenshot_20220717-225240_Chrome.jpg (1440x904, 567.74K)

You can run a website on your phone, an irc server, use it as Nas storage, use its camera... It has more functionality than a regular raspberry pi.

My Samsung a5 runs pihole while plugged and I just leaving sleeping on the table.

Fuck me I forgot how small this fucker was

Attached: IMG_20220717_201918265_HDR.jpg (2074x2765, 2.58M)

How do I convert my 2G phone to 5G? And why isn’t there a kit to do this?

No, I sell them when I get a new phone because why would I need to "repurpose" an old phone when I have a new one, you absolute melon.

Buy a 5g usb dongle and connect it to your phone

>install termux
>acquire wakelock

I ALSO GOT A SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI

Attached: 20210127_224404.jpg (4128x3096, 2.33M)

Attached: 20220703_225510.jpg (1820x2427, 1.51M)

>8gb ram
so theyre just a shitty laptop without the keyboard the monitor the trackpad?

i wanna get some used droids and run a botfarm for a mobile game

It drains battery faster than it can charge