How based is Jquery?

How based is Jquery?

>Fast
>Cool and powerful animations
>Awesome syntax
>Cool logo
>Filters retards that can't use it properly and call it slow
>Unironically lightweight (79,259kb vs 435kb of React)
>Trully Backwards compatible
>Does everything and more Js can do but better

Miss this Monster

Attached: jqueryLogo-777x437.png (777x437, 25.11K)

Congrats on creating one of the most retarded threads I've seen on Any Forums today

jQuery
Does not query anything

What did they mean by this

jQuery had its time but all the features that made it useful eventually ended up getting added to vanilla JavaScript. No point in using it anymore.

Jquery still does everythig better.
Protip if you want a pretty website with fancy animation and stuff without it being a bloated slow piece of shit use jquery

It's a mistery.

Prove me wrong

lol no

You can't.
You are probably one of those fancy panty webdevs that still uses React.
But a reactor explodes and react does it every 6 or so months.

Animations should be handled by CSS. You certainly don’t need to use jQuery to make a good looking site that isn’t bloated as shit, you could do it just as easily with vanilla JavaScript. And if you need more complicated state management preact is 4kb gzipped.

If you’re unironically suggesting people use jQuery in the >current year I assume you’ve either been misled or you live in a third world country where technology is a decade behind the western world. It’s not used for anything anymore apart from legacy code bases.

Attached: 1657325181337.jpg (1024x985, 84.94K)

>Still works
>Still works fast
Works on my websites and i get an higher Lighthouse score than google itself.

You all are fucking retarded redditors falling for the newest and shiniest shit while diregarding the better option because MUH legacy.

I’m suggesting you use vanilla JavaScript retard, you certainly don’t need a meme library from 10 years ago that’s no longer useful to make a fast website

Part of the reason jQuery was so popular in the first place was because IE didn’t support modern JavaScript features. Now IE is gone for good and all browsers now support those features. You really do not need to use it anymore.

Yes I should double my development time and make my shit look worse for street cred "I made it in vanilla js lolol"
fuck off
Also
>meme library
It powers 70% of the modern web

This, unless you've to target specially old devices or something (i.e. goverment sites) jQuery doesn't add anything worthwile.

> Yes I should double my development time and make my shit look worse for street cred "I made it in vanilla js lolol"
Yes you should because clearly you could benefit from learning about modern JavaScript if you still think people should use jQuery to build websites

I do

You're living in the past gramps, noone uses jQuery anymore for new development and this fellow user spelled out why.
> you don't know what you're talking about
Source: work at Google

It queries the DOM you dip.

And 99% of that 70% is WordPress trash.

Jquery works like transferring cargo with wooden carts and horses works.

deprecated by alpine.js