Just got done installing gentoo for the first time

just got done installing gentoo for the first time.
most unpleasant, I'd recommend white people stay well away. stick to arch with its clean and simple manual installation process

Attached: gentoo.png (753x784, 80.16K)

installing gentoo is the equivalent of telling the new apprentice on site to go get the "board stretcher"

Not a real distro, and a joke at your expense OP

Attached: Screenshot_20220705-005803_1ssss.png (1080x1207, 192.4K)

loser OP

see you on page 10

based

>I'd recommend white people stay well away.
JEW ALERT JEW ALERT JEW ALERT. (((fellow white people)))
Gentoo is the white man's distro always has been always will be.

no, arch is the white man's distro
as terry devis put it, an idiot admires complexity, a genius admires simplicity. arch is just that, simple. gentoo is needlessly complex in order to impress your average Any Forumstard

>used arch for years
>breaks once every few months
>go into enterprise use
>opensuse leap
>nothing ever breaks
>all these years I've been a basedjack

>arch
Ah yes, I see. Hmm looks like this is a classic case of the so called "filtered by Gentoo" syndrome. As to simplicity. Gentoo is what you make it to be. It could be as bloated or as simple as you want. I wouldn't call that choice complex. I would call it freedom. But no, please keep downloading preinstalled binaries from random users on the AURâ„¢ praised so highly by your recommended site: reddit.

Gentoo installation isn't hard at all if you can read and follow basic instructions.

RTFM, sweetie :)

If I say that alot will I fit in?

sweaty*

Installing it is easy. Maintaining it is not.
>entire distro breaks and needs reinstall because you did not update it for a month
Into the trash.

It doesn't break but you don't get new updates. Do you seriously think the Gentoo installs on micro controllers and stuff break after a month?

i think he means arch, that happened to me on arch

thanks for the tip stranger :)

well if you're unable to properly use arch you should stop using it

that shit happened to me once on gentoo, i was using it for two years, i raged and ran over to more stable and better designed OS

Attached: BSD_wordmark.svg.png (1280x597, 38.83K)

Missing some special snowflake update can prevent you from getting further updates because of endless slot conflicts and build errors. Ergo you have to update constantly all the time. Lots of fun. That and constantly dropping shit as deprecated (hello LXDE) are the reasons why I dropped gentoo.

coming from debian i didn't know holding up updates could break the system, it doesn't say so anywhere on the manual
wtf that never happened to me on gento in ten years of using it, you must be messing up

emerge --ask --update --deep --with-bdeps=y @world

This is literally what i did back then, and once i had problem with fucking perl upgrade but forums helped me. No tinkering after installation, just gaming and doing my regular shit.

Based, OP btfo