So this is the power of superior apple engineering

So this is the power of superior apple engineering

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-17 18-05-58.png (699x533, 104.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iiCBYAP_Sgg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

m1 macbook do too
intel macbooks do too
i don't see what changed

if they add fans to the next macbook air i will rape every single retard that complained
they don't complain about ipads throttling
it's the same shit just with a keyboard and running a slightly better operating system

Well no shit, it's a power hungry CPU in a thin chassis

>m2
>power hungry
damn you're right

Attached: 1658077846584.jpg (1080x1482, 208.78K)

I wonder if that TDP is from moderate work or when the M2 is being used balls to the wall

> new era
these corporate cock sucking failures are just an embarrassment. itoddler devices are renowned for garbage cooling and throttling.
>i don't see what changed
nothing changed. just a different year with the same garbage designs.
>they don't complain about ipads throttling
>it's the same shit
>slightly better operating system
ios and macos are now one operating system, except ios is a severely crippled and locked down version of macos. been this way since m1 launch, an effort to unify itoddler devices to make development easier for itoddler codeniggers.

>ios and macos are now one operating system

They always were, literally the same Darwin kernel since the beginning, just one used a different UI than the other, otherwise it's the same subsystem.

youtube.com/watch?v=iiCBYAP_Sgg

typical tdp
on max clock it will of course draw more

I thought power consumption was better due to the ARM processor?

That's what people say. My own initial personal research indicates it's more to do with a large battery for it's class. Many other "thin and light" laptops have around 50-60 w/hr batteries, where the M1 has the max allowed on a flight, which is 100 w/hr. The other major benefit is that the hardware decoding is more integrated into the OS programs.
I've been meaning to make something with numbers to post, but I'm surprised everyone touts the marketing line.

>Look without Fans
>But wait this shit is so hot?.

you're research wasn't even searching, lol
only the 16" M1 laptops have 100 watt hour batteries. the MBA, which has 15 hour battery life, is only 50 watt hour.
they're more efficient because they're lower voltage. whether that's due to 5nm, ARM ISA, design choices or other factors I don't know

don't forget extereme software optimization since Apple actually knows the hardware they themselves made, unlike with Intel that still hid a significant part of their architecture from Apple.

>omg they couldn't produce a chip that had no cooling requirements LMAOOO HOW EMBARRASSING

>Millions of post talking about magical MacBook Air without a fan.

the m2 is an overclocked m1 with some gpu cores added in the same thermal design as the m1.
they niggered out a good product, classic apple

So either don't put it into such a thin chassis, or put suitable cooling with it. Otherwise they're knowingly designing and selling a defective product that's not suitable for purpose.

This isn't something new from apple. They did the same with intel cpus in the past.

Yes, and they suffered backlash from it, which should have been enough to teach them that selling shitty broken products for high prices is not well received.

Apple Silicon is turning out to be the opposite of the norm, where the first gen chip was better. Hopefully they swing it around with M3, maybe then it’ll be worth the upgrade.

>managing to overheat on