Have you thanked your cell company today? It costs anywhere between $300,000 to $2,500,000 to install a tower like this

Have you thanked your cell company today? It costs anywhere between $300,000 to $2,500,000 to install a tower like this.

Attached: ee-vodafone-three-uk-cellular-antenna-setup.jpg (1986x1402, 333.85K)

Sounds like a great target for my next job then

Your terrorism only increases the GDP of Sweden.

I thank them with my $700/yr

why the fuck should I thank a company for engaging in profitable activity? this is the same bullshit mentality that makes people tip their servers for doing their goddamn job. americans are demented.

>Have you thanked your cell company today?
No, my bills are monthly not bimonthly.

>servering
>profitable
lmao

if your country had proper labor laws your waiters wouldn't have to beg you for spare change like bums
it sickens me to know I share a website with you wretches

The only reason waiters exist is so the customers have someone they can look down on. That's the entire point of the job.

no because they're STILL in the process of upgrading to 5G which hurts cell service for everyone
for years I've had great service overall then suddenly this year dropped phone calls all the time and no data service

>if your country had proper labor laws
lol your country is just as corrupt as ours, dont start the ingroup shit
death to all politicians

Thanks for the cancer towers!

how come internet providers can't actually provide reliable internet at the speed they advertise?

protocol overhead, plus imagine your connection is shared with your entire block

I can understand slow service for the reason you mentioned, but intermittent functional disconnections of service (

It could be the shitty Intel Puma chipset in your cable modem.

ive got a bell home hub 4000, don't know if that puma is in it, doubt it, but now i know why my parents hitron modem was garbage

thank you, sirs

That is pretty cheap. Those towers cover a lot of ground and these companies make billions a year

You need about 80 towers to cover a mid-sized city (~500K pop).

investment recouped in a couple years tops

Waiters are guaranteed minimum wage, tips can allow them to go over this. A better example is Uber drivers, who are paid solely by tips without a minimum wage guarantee, as they are contractors and not employees.

Lets say there are 50000, subscriptions at $10 a month then. Reasonable given a pop of 500k. That’s 500k per month. In 5 month a tower’s max price of 2.5m is paid off. Let’s ignore govt kickbacks (we know they get those) of course, but those would also boost profits further. Finally, we know cell plans are a lot pricier than that, and a lot more than 1/10 of a 500k person city has them. Basic math says they are rolling in money. Not considering operating costs, but op has not mentioned them either

This is how the entire modern world works, friendo. Economy of scale is a hell of a drug.

You're forgetting they already dropped $10B+ at national spectrum auction for right to use popular cellular frequencies, they have to pay software licensing and support to the equipment manufacturers, and they need thousands of engineers and technicians to maintain all the equipment. They're still wildly profitable, but their operating cost is much, much higher than what you're supposing.

all this shit just gets subsidized by taxpayers and then they turn around and fuck them on the price of things anyway because the government is too bought-out to actually enforce them to do anything in the interests of its citizens in return for free money.

>the government is corrupt by using tax payer money to get free money
That's called economic stimulus.

And yet my house is still a deadzone. Good job retards, you had one job and yet couldn't get it done.
>Don't live in the middle of nowhere
I live in a well off neighborhood on a coastline. They don't have an excuse.

i'm going to economically stimulate your prostate of you don't shut the fuck up

Attached: 015 Salary Pepe.webm (1920x1920, 2.85M)

In the UK, Uber drivers won their High Court case and are classed as employees with all the rights that entails such as minimum wage, holiday pay, etc.

Servers are either mobile cashiers or pedestrian delivery "drivers". The job is there for the convenience of the customer.