Does the credit card PIN hacking used in Terminator 2 still work? What is it?

Does the credit card PIN hacking used in Terminator 2 still work? What is it?

Attached: Untitled-38.jpg (1916x816, 107.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Portfolio
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.
Just no.

That's a kino portable computer. I wish I had one.
It ran a crippled version of DOS didn't it?

It's an Atari Palmtop if I'm correct, so maybe it was a DOS-like OS made by Atari that had similar functionality? I thought about whether it was worth owning myself too, user.

>Palmtop
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Portfolio

Yes user. Go to your bank and try it and report back.

Just picked up this lil nigga at a local auction yesterday, kek

Attached: 0716222046_HDR.jpg (2848x1602, 2.07M)

Very nice user

good shit
palmtops are fun

yes

>DIP operating system
Did you call moi a dip-shit?

Attached: 1641628199418.jpg (1982x864, 103.69K)

if you want to feel like a hacker, get an ACR122U and tinker with mifare classic cards
they're used everywhere, like public transport, vending machines, hotels, gyms and so on and have been vulnerable for at least 20 years now

>they're used everywhere
sadly it's still used. mifare classic is being phased out everywhere due to its vulnerabilities. even nxp recommended people to not use it and to upgrade yet people are still using it despite the publicly known vulnerabilities.

i imagine atms are resistant against bruteforcing. there is a method called skimming where they place devices on atms that will scan your card and steal your pin then they make a new card and try to work it. i don't know if it's actual now but people used to get ripped off like that in the past. it was a whole industry.

My new card from ccu no longer has a magnetic strip on the back. I assume other large finamcial institutions do it same.

>Does the credit card PIN hacking used in Terminator 2 still work? What is it?
it's complete fantasy.
>i imagine atms are resistant against bruteforcing
yes. if you entered in the wrong pin too many times it'll swallow the card, and if it can't swallow the card the machine (usually) locks up.
makes no difference. the "smart" chips can be read and cloned, and your pin harvested in usual ways.

>makes no difference. the "smart" chips can be read and cloned, and your pin harvested in usual ways.
so skimming is still actual then?

>so skimming is still actual then?
yes. point of sales terminals with malware seems to be the #1 place to harvest cards in current year, also compromised ATMs. it's not as easy as reading a magnetic stripe, but skimming never went away with the introduction of chips. the crooks got smarter than the banks.

and in public you would think the banks got it beaten. well, i guess that leaves you just being able to track your purchases, that way they could locate the scam.

kek

>and in public you would think the banks got it beaten.
quite right. they insist on claiming that this system is "secure", but the reality is complete opposite. i recall a story from england where criminals had installed malware into point of sales terminals, people's cards got ripped off, and the banks refused to acknowledge that it was possible and denied victims compensation.
> that way they could locate the scam.
when the technology was introduced, banks refused to do this because it would have shown that their system was vulnerable, and they would have to pay back people whos money was stolen. instead what the banking industry did was sat on their hands and did nothing, for years, while street shitters basically got the green light to install malware on point of sales terminals because the banks preferred to bury the story instead of prosecute thieves. the banking industry went to these extreme lengths solely to defend their broken systems and so they didn't have to pay out any compensation.