Why did Windows 11 thought it was a good idea to have a button to show more options in the context menu?

Why did Windows 11 thought it was a good idea to have a button to show more options in the context menu?

Attached: 2021-10-01-image-11.jpg (800x536, 35.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20120117-00/?p=8523
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are they like this?

Attached: Windows-11-Start-menu-with-recommended-content-turned-off.jpg (1200x800, 143.96K)

Nothing wrong with this, unless it displays more options in the same context menu.
t. lunix user

It's Walls & Ladders: devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20120117-00/?p=8523
Too many third-party programs were abusing context menus, and third-party devs are legendary for fucking up shell extensions leading to weird behaviour and the desktop crashing out.
So MS threw a wall in front of them - in the process of forcing them to rewrite their shitty context menu DLLs, they will hopefully write them properly this time around.

actually interesting

Because a proper context menu won't fit on the screen with all that padding.

You can edit a registry settings to go back to the old menu. One of the first things I did.

download explorerpatcher from github to get rid of the retarded taskbar too

or you could use win10
win11 is win10 with kde theme and huge taskbar

This, I don't think there's anything more retarded than installing Win11 just to turn it into 10.

I just edited the registry to only have the old context menu. Having to remember which of the icons represents stuff like rename or having to use the secondary menu for stuff I use all the time like 7z was too annoying. Plus it has like a half second delay to show while the old one does not.

if you're running a 12th gen intel (or newer) then you'll be forced to use win11 anyway at some point in the future so it's good to keep an eye on projects like these to make it less infuriating to use

I don't know, after 7 years I'm kind of over how Windows 10 looks. Always looked like dogshit to me.

because they are getting rid of the old way od adding context options, and this is a way to transition the cattle

yeah all oses are garbage
i switched to macos recently and the window manager situation is appalling even with rectangle, not to mention that i had to create an apple script app to open current finder directory in terminal and a service to create a text file (no right click + create txt)
on linux you have to deal with the dogshit display stack (wayland is even worse) and random shit not working
e.g., volume mute light on x1 carbon 9 that is "linux certified" doesn't work
windows gets worse with every version, the win11 taskbar is an abomination

It literally displays the old pop up from pre-Windows 11 which has way more useless options. So they created a new, gimped menu with modern design, but knew it was shit and people would hate it, so they let you access the old menu with that item. It's completely inconsistent and stupid, but Windows has always been like that. Like control panel UIs are a mix of Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows Vista, and even XP.

>which has way more useless options
way more useful* options

THIS. And a programms which not supporting w11. Its not the time for w11

Because they wanted to eliminate it completely but the launch was rushed and they realized that not everything would be redesigned on time. A year later they still haven't succeeded. Possibly they will succeed by the time they have decided to redesign it again.

unironically? This faggot - they justify it as "better user experience without overwhelming the end use with a myriad of options they do not require"

Attached: win.png (1172x605, 335.18K)

It really feels like I've been alphatesting Windows 11 for a year. It should never have been released in this deplorable state. I miss OSX, not macOS, but Steve Job's OSX, Snow Leopard in particular.

Attached: 1298372198379812738.png (136x135, 11.91K)

Why did it take an entire year for them to add features back in? why did they remove the media player pop up? Why does the old control panel still exist? Why do they always half ass everything?

wasn't this fag almost crying in win11 release

He comes across as a very emotional person to me. God imagine the team meetings and performance reviews of his immediate subordinates.