/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have our own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using this format in your posts, the scraper will pick it up:
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: Flutter, Php, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: software-source-code-programming-on-260nw-634574354.png (390x280, 116.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openswoole.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How does singleton in php persist if every time scripts are ran variables reset? I need one pdo object to my SQLite db

I like python flask
is there anything I should be 'growing up' into?

second for web dev is boring..

for me, it's Neovim

tailwind seems pretty neat for allowing you a bunch of control but also not being as low-level as plain CSS
BUT
doesn't it get unwieldy as fuck in non-trivial projects?

it doesn't, it only persists for the current php execution... then it terminates.

maybe in php-fpm you can have a server that runs all the time and keeps it alive.

but either way, I think you are supposed to close the connection after the request finishes

Ok then how can I avoid creating a new connection to the db every request?

you can't.. you could if you used some node-like php servers which run on fphm, but those are in beta as far I know...

Why is streaming large json from server to client so difficult? Why isn’t new line delimited json more widely supported/have a dedicated application type?

Braindeadfag here, I don't know what the fuck anything is, but I'm definitely ready to learn something. Just point me in a direction. I'm tired of my current shitty position of delivery driver.

Vue vs React. Which one is better>?

just read the testimonies on their page. they totally tell you that tailwind is actually THE ONLY way to get things done in non-trivial projects. therefore it must be true. and the people who use it totally are not people from other fields of web dev/design at all. NO. they have all the creds in saying stuff about css.

seriously: if you think that the shit that tailwind provides makes for anything good, be it reasonable results, reasonable speed, reasonable sources - then you are the kind of person who should indeed use that stuff o.O

Both are fine. Vue is more noob friendly and generally a bit nicer to use. React has more jobs available tho so if you're a poorfag it's a better bet.

Literally read the bake you idiot. You have all the information you need right in front of you yet you still ask. I hope you’re just lazy, not stupid, otherwise you won’t stand a chance

Php has been shit for me so far, any other languages/frameworks/libraries that are low in memory footprint that I could use for dynamic websites?

>Braindeadfag here, I don't know what the fuck anything is
You made the right decision, my dear friend. Being a braindeadfag is nothing to worry about in the vast field of web dev. Actually, being a braindeadfag is a requirement and you achieve this required, objective standard. Congratulations!
Here is what you have to do: Do NOT start from the ground up. You don't need semantic html, class based css and vanilla javascript. Instead, you better start putting frameworks on top of each other. Just download random 10gigs of npm shit and type "webdev start". Et voila, your first web project is done and ready.
You simply type webdev.start.floor.random.onclick.then.function.return and it just works.
Good luck, sir.

well, I work in php primary, but I personally used nodejs... exprimtened with c# and never used go, so I can't tell you what to pick..

but each language has a webserver library nowadays lol

but if you wanted php and have those singleton classes, you could do it with this

openswoole.com/

Use python

I'm learning front end web development from The Odin project. I just reached the react section and I was wondering at what point should I start applying to jobs. I am a first year uni student at a completely different field and I want to get a part time job in web Dev. I have no work experience yet but I would like to get some

Does applying for jobs cost anything where you live?
No?
Then just do it.
There is no 'magical' skill line above or below which you'll get jobs / not get any. Just apply and see what happens.

>Does applying for jobs cost anything where you live?
Companies can sue your for wasting their HR time.

making UI is gay