>this exists
Ok(())

uhhh rustards???

Attached: rust.png (400x265, 13.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doc.rust-lang.org/std/result/enum.Result.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok(())

This is 100 times better than hidden error path.

does
Ok()
not suffice?

That looks like a function call. You can create a function ok() that returns Ok(())

no, see docs: doc.rust-lang.org/std/result/enum.Result.html
here the T type is (), aka an empty tuple

damn.. i was wrong.... the langauge really is perfect after all.
thanks rustards.

unsafe

>I don't know and undestand it
>and I'm too stupid to learn something new
>therefore bad
No

>Ok(())
and this is a problem because?
Okay I get it, Rust should have used ML-style function call syntax, but then C/C++/Java/Py fags wouldn't have used it

but you can't pattern match on ok(), so that would be useless

>Returning None is a problem

Don't sacrifice syntax for "retards wouldn't use it." You actually don't really want retards using your language in the long-term.

Both rust and go made it annoying to specify the empty type but at least () is less verbose than struct{} the type or struct{}{} the value. I'm not sure I'd rather have () or void but I can't be too bothered over it.

rust trannies thought error handling was too complex, so they decided to make it more complex but with trannies in mind.

Attached: 1637084951499.png (413x230, 4.11K)

Only midwits think this is complex.

Absolutely

welcome to the world of rust trannies. many examples of reinventing the wheel, and only because some degenerate that hacked off their testicles -assumed- it would better.

You just said some random word

It is better regardless who thinks it's better or worse.

This. Better to keep Rust in its containment community than have it proliferate out of control like a virus.

Result types exist in other languages too and I'm pretty sure SerenityOS made their own in C++.

hey tranny, are you Ok(())?
are you Ok(())?
are you Ok(()), tranny?

>fixes no problems
>adds more complexity and code to check for yet another value
>better regardless
are you Ok(()), tranny?
> an operating system feature
opinion: discarded.

Attached: 1634036818468.png (500x500, 683.14K)

> its not 1970 c so its unnecessary and wrong, only idiots think its good

In the tech industry, better doesn’t always win. Unix is “better” than NT, and look what happened.

now that's extreme cope. rust trannies always fall apart when they can't defend (or even properly define) weird nigger-tier and tranny inspired "features" that do absolutely nothing, have no benefit, or worse: the function is an enormous MACRO. embarrassing.

>>fixes no problems
It fixes the problem of hidden error paths.
>>adds more complexity and code to check for yet another value
Yes, errors must be checked instead of silently crashing runtime
Unix wasn't better than NT.

filtered by enums lmao

> i'm so fucking retarded that i need an extra feature to RETURN a number.
this is why nobody takes rust trannies seriously.

>RETURN a number.
It's not a number. It's a generic variant.

you can put anything you want into the enum structs, retard. your brain is so small you think you'd only want to put numbers inside to signify error codes

If Rust wasn’t more complex it would be even more pointless. The size and complexity of the language means endless talking points and debates to feed the social media audience.

It's always a midwit CS101 dropout that complains about Rust.

Yeah, thats why everyone’s phone runs NT and not some Unix variant.

What a useless reply

No, many people who are established in the industry don’t like it. There’s a huge backlash when you speak out against it though.

>many people who are established in the industry don’t like it.
it's mainly Any Forums and autism hotspots like phoronix that hate it, not people who work for a living

Attached: IM1JU4Y1Z9RV.png (542x495, 11.57K)

>No, many people who are established in the industry don’t like it.
Yes, they can usually back it up with a technical arguments unlike a peanut brain Any Forums shitposter who's only argument is the US culture war.

Let me dumb it down for you. Unix is better but failed on the desktop for non-technical reasons. Rust will fail to replace C/C++ for non-technical reasons.

>Unix is better
It's not.

I’ve been working as a systems software engineer for about a decade and I have not come across Rust code for any production application. If people weren't constantly shilling it online it would barely be on my radar.