Stop fucking around and add 6 MB audio-enabled AV1 webms globally...

Stop fucking around and add 6 MB audio-enabled AV1 webms globally. People already just constantly post to /wsg/ or /gif/ threads and then link to them from other boards or do that stupid audio script where you put a moe link in the filename. It's time.

Attached: file.png (1200x630, 196.86K)

"No"

Yes.

Attached: VP8 v VP9 v AV1.jpg (1920x600, 384.27K)

Wait, hold on, let me check...
no

AV1 only achieves 10-20% higher compression efficiency compared to 10-bit VP9 while encoding takes 10X longer. Retards keep bringing up SVT-AV1 but refuse to mention that it provides significantly worse quality than the stock AOM encoder.

Check again retard.

soulless vs soul

Attached: file.png (300x138, 22.28K)

Just checked again, still no.

I thought the numbers vs. libvpx-vp9 were over 30% savings. Also I've never compared SVT-AV1 to the stock AOM one or any other implementation so I guess no comment.

Who's gonna pay for the extra bandwidth? Are you going to buy a Any Forums Pass?

Only when comparing it to the stock 8-bit encoder. 10-bit increases encoder precision in things like chrome/lume in keyframes where b (aka alt-ref) frames are generated from and in some cases results in over 20% higher compression efficiency.

>chroma/luma*

Yes.

yes

>since 2022

Attached: 1629854699250.jpg (602x709, 93.9K)

interesting. what about 10bit vp9 vs. 12bit AV1? Diminishing returns on 10->12 and not much of a difference?

wtf does av1 matter? "its open source". ya ya ya. But wtf does that matter? My plex server does hardware transcoding with H264/265. I can handbrake HEVC, all my pirated media is in H264/5. Ok, so the chinkoids that make android boxes don't have to pay or something to use those standards.... But does that even matter? MPV will pay it. Make it clear why this matters.

Most likely AV1 gains that 30% advantage back but at the cost of even slower encoding times. AFAIK there's no benefit going from 10 to 12 bit unless you're mastering a movie.

Fuck you. Any Forums doesn't need to be some tiktok shit for zoomers.

I want that and I'm not a zoomer nor do I have a tiktok account. I don't know that "audio" is that crazy of an ask and I've been here since well, well before we even had webms.
People already bypass it in a variety of ways and it's really not a big deal. Have the site mute them by default and the extension can let you override that or whatever.

encoding needs to be done only once. are you re-ecoding your "library" every day?