/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Any Forums?

Attached: 1592447295109.png (570x769, 90.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php
github.com/idris-lang/Idris2
curry.pages.ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/curry-lang.org/
wiki.clean.cs.ru.nl/Clean
mercurylang.org/
fstar-lang.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't work on weekends

>he calls doing any programming "work"
>he doesn't have weekend/side projects

Haskell has become too useful and is now being dragged into hell by endless cults, idioms, committees and bureaucracy
Haskell 2 when

Is Haskell even a language or is it just a compiler with various extensions?

It's a language but there is a de facto compiler (GHC) that everyone who isn't a memelord uses and it has tons of extensions that are de-facto Haskell

>Haskell 2 when
There's no shortage of FPLs, pick one.
wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php
github.com/idris-lang/Idris2
curry.pages.ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/curry-lang.org/
wiki.clean.cs.ru.nl/Clean
mercurylang.org/
fstar-lang.org/

None of those are "Haskell 2"
Think before replying

Attached: 1651870418623.jpg (163x212, 43.59K)

Idris is pretty much Haskell 2.0
Are you also the tactics spammer?

nakadashi shiki-chan

Is it sane to store a copy of the key used to index an object within a hashmap within that object? I'm using the key to index multiple objects stored within multiple hashmaps, and I want the objects to access it's related data.

Attached: 1633664804708.jpg (1077x1344, 512.07K)

Idris 2 is obviously Idris 2, not Haskell 2

if you want to act silly, we have an entire board for it.
>>>[s4s]

> My desired end result is being able to enjoy marshmallows and coffee.
> I have a coffee cup
> My coffee cup contains coffee and a marshmallow
> Should I put the coffee cup inside the marshmallow so the coffee and marshmallow can access the cup?

Extrapolate the answer from there.

started work on a disassembler for this bad boy as a prelude for an emulator. wish me luck !

Attached: 22_15_32.png (800x1028, 856.1K)

good luck user

I want to make a multi-user game that can be accessed via web and android. It will start as a website then I would like to make an alternate app frontend for mobile later. Nothing too fancy- database driven RPG with no realtime elements.

Should I work in python or java? If neither, what would you suggest?

Attached: kitty derp.jpg (960x960, 111.72K)

>want to make a sophisticated game
>should I use python or java?
Wow

>no realtime elements
between those two, Python. See how far you can get with pure CGI scripts and API calls to them for your online component. You can do this on basically free hosting and get the game part of the game going, and still upgrade to websockets or a real server.
but ideally you should be using Go or Elixir and starting with a server. Java and its better names, Kotlin and Clojure), are also reasonable pure-server options.
read: Nothing too fancy, no realtime elements

So basically Python is better for shared hosting and lightweight uses but Java is better for dedicated server applications? Also I didn't think of doing just CPI scripts. I will have to look into it. Thanks!

yeah. Java is regrettably extremely good for long-running processes between JIT compilation and incomparable garbage collection and lots of industrial support for servers, but it needs a lot of memory and it's mostly hopeless at short-lived applications due to the JVM startup penalty.
Python is nearly the exact opposite of that.

gonna take a gander at this sometime

Attached: SOA design patterns.jpg (660x880, 449.12K)

there might be a game engine / gdk for games like that that you could use if you mostly care about the results and not the process

though I suspect you would end up learning more about the process than you may think